× CLOSE MENU
- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
NRO Prof all praise for IIM in Sambalpur
Wednesday, 04 March 2015 | PNS | Bhubaneswar | in Bhubaneswar
Non-resident Odia Professor Digambara Patra of the American University of Beirut, Lebanon, has praised the decision of the State Government to propose Sambalpur as the site for the establishment of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) under the relaxed conditions. He said this would give justice to the people of the backward Sambalpur region who had been demanding to have an elite educational institution of repute.
“There are sufficient numbers of top Government higher educational institutions like IIT, AIIMS, NISER, etc around Bhubaneswar. Now such institutions should go to north-west Odisha, such as Sambalpur-Rourkela and south-west Odisha like the Bhawanipatna-Koraput region. IIM can be located in Sambalpur region; similarly Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) in Bhawanipatna and Government medical colleges in Balangir, Koraput, Baripada, Baleswar and Puri,” he said in a letter to the Prime Minster.
Patra also sought an airport in Bhawanipatna-Rayagada belt apart from the one Jharsuguda airport. Using Jharsuguda/Sambalpur as the base will develop 150 km radius comprising Sundergarh, Brajaraj Nagar, Bargarh, Sonepur and will reach up to Rourkela, Keonjhar and Angul.
Similarly, focusing Bhawanipatna as base will develop 150 km radius comprising Rayagada, Balangir, Titilagarh, Nuapada, Nabarangpur, Jeypore, Boudh, Phulbani and Paralakhemundi, he said.
Patra demanded direct train connection from Bhubaneswar to Balangir including Boudh, Nayagarh and Sonepur (Khordha-Balangir line), Kalahandi (Talcher-Lanjigarh road line), Koraput (Rayagada-Gopalpur line), Nabarangpur (Junagarh-Jeypore line) and Malkangiri (Jeypore-Malkangiri line), Kendrapada (Paradeep-Haridaspur line) by providing free land and sharing 50 per cent of the cost by the State Government.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
Copyright © 2018 The Pioneer. All Rights Reserved Site Designed and Developed by: Infomedia Web Solutions