‘Odisha fails to spend Central grants for tribals’
Union Tribal Affairs Minister Jual Oram charged that the Odisha Government has not been able to spend the grants provided by the Centre for the welfare of the tribals.
Addressing a Press meet here on Sunday, he said in the last three years, the Central Government has provided a total of Rs1,350 crore through various schemes but the grants were not fully utilized.
Oram said the State Government received Rs400 crore, Rs450 crore and Rs500 crore in the last three years, but submitted UCs for Rs300 crore only.
Oram also exuded confidence that in the 2019 general election, the BJP would emerge as the single largest party in vote share and form the Government in Odisha. He also compared the number of votes of the BJP in 2014 general polls which was 44 lakh with the Panchayat election votes, which was 66 lakh. Among others, State BJP secretary Bibhuti Jena was present.
- 14 minor bridges proposed over Mandirhasaud-Kendri rly line 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to fulfil PM’s ‘Smart City’ dream: Amar 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Summer camp of Mount Fort Academy draws good response 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon police chalks out traffic plan ahead of Passing- out- Parade at IMA on May 26 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Officers inspect arrangements made for pilgrimage at Rishikesh 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PM inquires about status of Deoband-Roorkee rail project 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cesu manager’s assets worth Rs 1.2 crore traced 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Baleswar DM takes stock of flood preparedness 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vig holds meet on investigation for officers 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Two held; bikes, bombs seized 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar