- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Officers meet European Consulates in Delhi
In the run up to Make in Odisha (MIO) 2018, the Odisha Government on Thursday held a roundtable meeting with Trade Consulates of several European countries and made a conscious effort to highlight the investment opportunities in Odisha.
A delegation led by Industries Principal Secretary Sanjeev Chopra briefed the Trade Consulates of six European countries about ‘Vision 2025’ of the Odisha Government that focuses on diversifying the industrial development in the State coupled with a target to generate employment for 30 lakh people. It has targeted to attract investments worth Rs 2.5 lakh crore in the focus sectors that include ancillary and downstream in metal sector, chemicals, plastics and petrochemicals, electronics manufacturing and IT, agro and seafood processing, tourism; textiles and apparel.
“Owing to the proactive and progressive governance, the Odisha Government is fast emerging as the manufacturing hub of eastern India. The State is on a steady path of progress, growing at a rate higher than the national average. Odisha’s business friendly policies and the development of world-class infrastructure have received very positive feedback from investors across the globe,” said Chopra.
Odisha has been recognised by the Central Government as a ‘Leader’ in terms of implementation of business reforms, he added.
He presented some of the advantages of doing business in Odisha that include a able and stable Government, identified focus sectors based on competitive strengths, infrastructure led industrial development, resource rich coastal state, highly skilled technical manpower, first of its kind single window portal in the country (GOSWIFT), low cost of doing business, dedicated sector specific clusters, 100,000 acres of industrial land bank mapped through first of its kind GIS based platform and a great place to live and to do business.
He said several European countries would be invited to participate in the ‘Make in Odisha’ Conclave as partner countries. The second conclave would be held in Bhubaneswar from November 11 to 15, 2018.
The State Government had received investment intent of Rs 2,03,270 crore across 10 diversified sectors at the first phase of conclave held
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi