OSHRC seeks report from city police
The Odisha State Human Rights Commission (OSHRC) on Sundaydirected the Commissionerate police to submit a report on the Salia Sahi teenager Ishak Digal death case. The OSHRC has asked the police authorities to submit the report within a week.
The development took place after parents of Ishak filed a complaint at the OSHRC requesting it to order an investigation into the alleged dereliction of duty by the Nayapalli police station officials which led to the death of the boy.
Earlier on Saturday, the twin city police suspended Nayapalli ASI NC Swain and also issued a show cause notice to the IIC Suryamani Pradhan to explain why he should not be suspended for dereliction of duty in such a sensitive case.
The minor boy from Salia Sahi slum in the city went missing from his home on June 6 and later succumbed to injuries a day after at the SCB Medical College Hospital following a road accident while police were unable to trace the boy.
- Only youth carriers of change: Saudan Singh 23 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City Magistrate seals institution being advertised as nursing college 23 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Action against panchayat officer for bungling 23 Jun 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- SER extends Santragachi, Pune AC Weekly Superfast train for two months 23 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Work on ED complex to start soon 23 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Commotion after missing girl’s body found in pond 23 Jun 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Newborn twins’ bodies in hosp dustbin! 23 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Move to find alternative route for cancelled DC trains 23 Jun 2017 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Nine patients die in MY Hospital for want of oxygen 23 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Three more peasants end lives in State 23 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal