- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
OUWJ condemns murder of journalists
The Odisha Union of Working Journalist (OUWJ) at a meeting here on Tuesday severely condemned the murder of veteran journalists like Gouri Lankesh, JJ Singh, Ravish Singh and Tarun Acharya (Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Punjab and Odisha, respectively) and many others in recent months.
OUWJ president Sugyan Choudhury described the attacks on working journalists as an attack on the freedom of Press. He wondered how in a great democracy like India under a vibrant judicial system the assailants of journalists are running away scot free. OUWJ Bhubaneswar district president Hrushikesh Mohanty opined that the name for the Press as the fourth pillar of democracy is nothing but a gross travesty of the truth.
It was resolved that a draft prepared by the OUWJ to the Prime Minister demanding a Central legislation for protection of journalists would be handed over through the Governor of Odisha shortly.
Prominent among other scribes present were Deepti Kar, Niranjan Pattnaik, Lalit Kumar Dash, Prafulla Singh, Purnananda Thakur, Deepak Prusty, Tapan Sinha, Tapan Sahoo and Brajabandhu Nayak.
- Rise above caste, religion: CM 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hry Govt to function from hills for 3 days 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hry Govt directs all depts to identify posts for disabled persons 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cong Govt betrays industrialists by sending enhanced power bills: Sukhbir 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Vision of inviting investment of previous Govt working: Harsimrat 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Dense fog engulfs Punjab, Hry 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Parties put their best foot forward to win battle of ballot 16 Dec 2017 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- PPCB warns vehicle owners against using pressure horns 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- NSUI stages dharna at NP University 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DPS Bokaro students felicitated 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi