- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
OUWJ condemns murder of journalists
The Odisha Union of Working Journalist (OUWJ) at a meeting here on Tuesday severely condemned the murder of veteran journalists like Gouri Lankesh, JJ Singh, Ravish Singh and Tarun Acharya (Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Punjab and Odisha, respectively) and many others in recent months.
OUWJ president Sugyan Choudhury described the attacks on working journalists as an attack on the freedom of Press. He wondered how in a great democracy like India under a vibrant judicial system the assailants of journalists are running away scot free. OUWJ Bhubaneswar district president Hrushikesh Mohanty opined that the name for the Press as the fourth pillar of democracy is nothing but a gross travesty of the truth.
It was resolved that a draft prepared by the OUWJ to the Prime Minister demanding a Central legislation for protection of journalists would be handed over through the Governor of Odisha shortly.
Prominent among other scribes present were Deepti Kar, Niranjan Pattnaik, Lalit Kumar Dash, Prafulla Singh, Purnananda Thakur, Deepak Prusty, Tapan Sinha, Tapan Sahoo and Brajabandhu Nayak.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal