Passenger sick: Flight makes emergency landing
A SpiceJet flight on Tuesday made an emergency landing at the Biju Patnaik International Airport here after a passenger fell sick.
The flight on its way to Bagdogra from Chennai had to be diverted and made an emergency landing around noon after N Das complained of dizziness and fell sick.
After an SOS call, an ambulance was also kept on standby as a precautionary measure after the airport’s terminal staff was alerted about the medical emergency of a passenger.
The Boeing 737 aircraft with 189 passengers on board landed at the airport.
Later, a team of doctors at the medical inspection room of the airport immediately responded.
However, after a preliminary checkup and treatment at the airport, Das was declared fit and the flight departed at around 2 pm.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun