- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Phailin-hit slum kids attend city event
An ‘Evening with young children’ was held here to allow children from the slums of Brahmapur and Bhubaneswar to come together and celebrate their childhood.
Post Phailin, the children from both these areas had been disturbed and there was fear growing within them. The children, who are quite vulnerable during natural disasters, got an evening where they interacted among each other, danced, played and did a lot of merrymaking. They also made a resolve for a healthier and safer neighbourhood.
Over 200 children from People’s Rural Employment Movement (PREM), Youth for Social Development (YSD) from Brahmapur and Gyandeep Foundation, CCWD Center for Women and Child Development (CCWD), Ruchika Social Service Organisation (RSSO) and Gopinath Juba Sangha (GJS) participated in this event.
“Children need a safe and healthy environment for proper development. Young children’s access to affordable and quality basic health services, clean water, adequate sanitation and solid waste removal within their houses and neighbourhood should be included in urban development policies,” stated National Campaign Coordinator of Humara Bachpan Preeti Prada.
The evening saw guests including Accountant General, CAG Amar Patnaik, Programme Director Michael Figelson and Dharitri Patnaik, India Representative of Bernard van Leer Foundation (BvLF).
Many civil society organisations, research institutes and corporate bodies attended to show their solidarity with the slum kids.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- State Govt urged to check jumbo deaths, given tips 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Green nod to cement plant opposed in Jajpur district 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Animesh Biswas is new NITR Director 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mineral transport rates for truckers revised 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nabard sets Rs 10K-cr aid for Odisha 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Poor execution of protective laws: SCs, STs suffer in State 01 Oct 2016 | MANAS JENA | in Bhubaneswar
- Graft slur against Sarpanch; fast held 01 Oct 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Let CBI probe cases against Ramesh Jena, says Cong 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- N’garh cracker blast: STF begins probe 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 6,263 teachers’ posts still vacant in high schools 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Devendra Fadnavis fights like women, the way they do over water taps. I have not seen a more short-tempered Chief Minister.
We start with an assumption that all we want is recognition. I don't work for recognition. It's love for the craft (of acting).
India-Pakistan confrontation can lead to a disaster of epic proportions for Jammu & Kashmir Escalations must be avoided.