- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Woman found hanging at Metro station
- Rival AIADMK factions submit new names, symbols to EC
- Modi says India stands with UK following London terror attack
- Supreme Court adjourns Babri Masjid demolition case by 2 weeks
- 5 dead in 'Islamist-related terrorism' attack on UK Parliament
- SC to hear Babri Masjid demolition case tomorrow
- Life sentence for Ajmer blast case convicts
- Hoping to implement GST from July 1: Jaitley
- 19 Oppn MLAs suspended from Maha Assembly
Phailin-hit slum kids attend city event
An ‘Evening with young children’ was held here to allow children from the slums of Brahmapur and Bhubaneswar to come together and celebrate their childhood.
Post Phailin, the children from both these areas had been disturbed and there was fear growing within them. The children, who are quite vulnerable during natural disasters, got an evening where they interacted among each other, danced, played and did a lot of merrymaking. They also made a resolve for a healthier and safer neighbourhood.
Over 200 children from People’s Rural Employment Movement (PREM), Youth for Social Development (YSD) from Brahmapur and Gyandeep Foundation, CCWD Center for Women and Child Development (CCWD), Ruchika Social Service Organisation (RSSO) and Gopinath Juba Sangha (GJS) participated in this event.
“Children need a safe and healthy environment for proper development. Young children’s access to affordable and quality basic health services, clean water, adequate sanitation and solid waste removal within their houses and neighbourhood should be included in urban development policies,” stated National Campaign Coordinator of Humara Bachpan Preeti Prada.
The evening saw guests including Accountant General, CAG Amar Patnaik, Programme Director Michael Figelson and Dharitri Patnaik, India Representative of Bernard van Leer Foundation (BvLF).
Many civil society organisations, research institutes and corporate bodies attended to show their solidarity with the slum kids.
- Nabard launches drive for 10 parched districts 23 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Auto-rickshaws off roads: Commuters suffer in State 23 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Accused procured drugs with fake notes 23 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Road in front of Naveen Niwas to be sealed 23 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Students get degrees at Xavier Varsity fest 23 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Slander and shame killed bright Pyari earlier 23 Mar 2017 | BISWARAJ PATNAIK | in Bhubaneswar
- NHAI urges State Govt to give land for free 23 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Tension in B’swr DHH for ‘wrong’ drug to child 23 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Diarrhoea claims 3 jumbos’ lives in Narasinghpur 23 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 205 Talcher land losers to get jobs by April 10 23 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar