- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Phailin-hit slum kids attend city event
An ‘Evening with young children’ was held here to allow children from the slums of Brahmapur and Bhubaneswar to come together and celebrate their childhood.
Post Phailin, the children from both these areas had been disturbed and there was fear growing within them. The children, who are quite vulnerable during natural disasters, got an evening where they interacted among each other, danced, played and did a lot of merrymaking. They also made a resolve for a healthier and safer neighbourhood.
Over 200 children from People’s Rural Employment Movement (PREM), Youth for Social Development (YSD) from Brahmapur and Gyandeep Foundation, CCWD Center for Women and Child Development (CCWD), Ruchika Social Service Organisation (RSSO) and Gopinath Juba Sangha (GJS) participated in this event.
“Children need a safe and healthy environment for proper development. Young children’s access to affordable and quality basic health services, clean water, adequate sanitation and solid waste removal within their houses and neighbourhood should be included in urban development policies,” stated National Campaign Coordinator of Humara Bachpan Preeti Prada.
The evening saw guests including Accountant General, CAG Amar Patnaik, Programme Director Michael Figelson and Dharitri Patnaik, India Representative of Bernard van Leer Foundation (BvLF).
Many civil society organisations, research institutes and corporate bodies attended to show their solidarity with the slum kids.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Ramoowalia’s fate is not confirmed yet 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM asks centre to give NOC for over bridge 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt sets up Drought monitoring cell 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to go for alliance with small outfits 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State BJP announces candidates for Bilari, Ghazipur 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Govt still indecisive on repealing Block Grant 29 Apr 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Mere 8% from Odisha qualify for JEE Advanced 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Women own 12,580 MSME units in State 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 195 schools with less than 5 students closed 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Polavaram: NGT gives time to AP to present case 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
24 Apr 2016 | Rup Narayan Das
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar’s recent visit to China assumes immense significance in light of the long-standing complex relationship and the security dilemma that exists between the two countries. Political interaction at the higher level is always conducive for strategic trust and communication China is India’s largest neighbour and the two countries share a land border of 3,488 km, which is undemarcated and is known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC)...
Why is the Prime Minister silent on AgustaWestland scam? First, the BJP spared (Robert) Vadra, now it is protecting the Congress top brass.
I am extremely proud of my rags to riches story, it's fun to be a misfit or an underdog if you acknowledge your gifts and befriend your obstacles.
For the first time I am supporting Salman (Khan) on my belief that what he is doing is right. Instead and alcohol or tobacco, he is promoting sports.