- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Phailin-hit slum kids attend city event
An ‘Evening with young children’ was held here to allow children from the slums of Brahmapur and Bhubaneswar to come together and celebrate their childhood.
Post Phailin, the children from both these areas had been disturbed and there was fear growing within them. The children, who are quite vulnerable during natural disasters, got an evening where they interacted among each other, danced, played and did a lot of merrymaking. They also made a resolve for a healthier and safer neighbourhood.
Over 200 children from People’s Rural Employment Movement (PREM), Youth for Social Development (YSD) from Brahmapur and Gyandeep Foundation, CCWD Center for Women and Child Development (CCWD), Ruchika Social Service Organisation (RSSO) and Gopinath Juba Sangha (GJS) participated in this event.
“Children need a safe and healthy environment for proper development. Young children’s access to affordable and quality basic health services, clean water, adequate sanitation and solid waste removal within their houses and neighbourhood should be included in urban development policies,” stated National Campaign Coordinator of Humara Bachpan Preeti Prada.
The evening saw guests including Accountant General, CAG Amar Patnaik, Programme Director Michael Figelson and Dharitri Patnaik, India Representative of Bernard van Leer Foundation (BvLF).
Many civil society organisations, research institutes and corporate bodies attended to show their solidarity with the slum kids.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Maoist held in Dantewada dist 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- SECL to use fixed water sprinkler to manage coal dust 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Two IEDs unearthed in Kanker district 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- State Government prepares plans for Rabi season sowing activity 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- BSP to install rain water harvesting system at administrative building 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NRDA seeks people’s ideas to design city’s gates 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Bhagat ties knot, set to go behind bars 05 Oct 2015 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Food Security Act: Grains distribution to begin on Oct 11 05 Oct 2015 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Palamu Tiger Reserve starts tourists bus 05 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kharkai bridge to be repaired before Durga Puja 05 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | Dantewada
A 36-year-old Maoist allegedly involved in an attack on Congress party’s convoy during the ‘Parivartan Yatra’ held on May 25, 2013 at Jheeram valley of Sukma district was arrested by joint squad of Special Task Force (STF) and District Force (DF) in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday. “Acting on a tip-off, security personnel have arrested the Naxal from restive Chikanpal Patelpara village falling under limits of Katekalyan...
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is discriminating against Opposition Chief Ministers and the States ruled by them.
It was great working with superstar Sylvester Stallone. As an actor, would be greedy and want that opportunity again.
Neither Hindus nor Muslims benefitted from the Dadri killing. Only political parties and politicians are benefitting.