Pravat, back in BJD fold, decried in Banki
The intelligentsia of Banki has questioned Chief Minister and BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik’s decision to induct Pravat Tripathy in the party recently who is still an accused in the chit fund scam.
Under the leadership of Shyam Sundar Sahoo, Jajati Pattnaik, Satyanarayan Samanta, Saroj Modgulsingh, they in a Press meet decried the move and said that Tripathy has tarnished the image of Banki soil.
Since the case is pending in the court, Tripathy has no right to come back to power. They said that the people of Banki were happy when the BJD supremo had instantly suspended Tripathy from the party after allegation that he had accepted bribes from Artha Tatwa chief Pradeep Sethi for promoting his black business. They said that only an interim bail by the SC should not be construed as Tripathy having been absolved of the charge.
“From primary investigation, the CBI was confirmed that Tripathy was involved in the chit fund scam for which he was grilled and lodged for about four months in Jharpada jail,” they said and urged the Patnaik to review his decision to take back the tainted leader into the BJD.
Asked, Tripathy said that he has no alternative in Banki and that some rebel leaders were bringing false allegations against him out of jealousy.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun