Ragging death: Vizag cops meet IGH docs
The four-member team of Andhra Pradesh’s Vishakhapatnam police, which has been camping in Odisha for the last two days and probing the death of Sambalpur boy Shreyash Kesharwani allegedly due to ragging in the Shree Chaitanya Junior College hostel at Vizag, reached the Ispat General Hospital (IGH), Rourkela, where an injured Shreyash had undergone treatment first on return from his hostel.
The police team led by the Palem police station IIC K Laxmanmurthy held discussions with the IGH team of doctors that treated Shreyash including the ICU in-charge and casualty doctor regarding the case.
Later, they left for Sambalpur to meet the parents of the deceased student. After holding discussions they are scheduled to leave for Visakhapatnam and submit the report.
However, after the postmortem report’s revelations, hopes of action against the guilty students have grown though the institute authorities had refuted the allegations of ragging.
On Friday, the team had collected the autopsy report of Shreyash which revealed that he had a ‘contusion’ in his heart and blood clotting in his lungs before his death.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun