- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Rs 1.76-cr CCI fine on Paradip DDA
The Competition Commission of India (CCI), a fair trade regulator, has slapped a penalty of Rs 1.76 crore on the Dumper Owners’ Association (DOA) and two of its office-bearers for limiting and controlling the provision of dumper services within the Paradip Port premises.
The CCI issued penalty order following a probe conducted by the Director General (DG) of its investigation arm. The DG found that the DOA and it's office bearers defied an earlier direction to cease and desist from indulging in anti-competitive conduct.
In a 16-page ruling, the commission observed that the DOA defied its order, dated January 21, 2015, blatantly and continued limiting and controlling the provision of dumper services within the Paradip Port premises and imposed penalty of Rs 1,17 crore on the DOA and Rs 29.35 lakh each on its president Bijaya Kumar Nayak and secretary Sanjaya Kumar Dhal.
The regulator rose to action on the complaints of the Paradip Port Trust in this regard.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi