- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Saxena in crucial post after 17-year absence in State
After 17 long years of absence in the State capital, Vipin Kumar Saxena took over the most crucial assignment of Principal Secretary of the Department of Home in the State Government on Friday.
A 1985-batch IAS officer, he had left the State in June 1996 after his one and a half years of stint as Managing Director of the Odisha State Cooperative Bank (OSCB). Saxena, who earned a name in both Union and State Governments for his smart handling of critical situations, has been assigned the responsibility before the general elections. Top cops feel that his long stint in the Union Ministry of Home Affairs worked in his favour for this crucial posting in the State. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik holds the portfolio of Home.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- V’nagaram-Titlagarh rail project gets Centre’s nod 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SCB Nursing students put protest on hold 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM wants 150 youths get skill training in each Gram panchayat 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Irregularities in pvt college Lecturers’ selection alleged 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3,837 B’deshi immigrants staying in Odisha 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Milk farmers’ body meets Agri Min, submits memo 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sure, Odisha will not follow Bihar on prohibition farce! 26 May 2016 | BISWARAJ PATNAIK | in Bhubaneswar
- Posters for Modi’s June 2 visit released 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt steps in to check rise in prices of arhar dal, meeting on 27 26 May 2016 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- CCL organises workshop on ‘augmentation of underground production’ 26 May 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
Introduction of NEET would be a direct infringement on the rights of the State and would cause grave injustice to the State’s students.
I am fighting with myself all the time. I constantly try to up my standard a little bit. I don't have time to look behind.
The idea of fashion is for people to discuss, and I guess she (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan with purple lipstick) wanted to be discussed.