Saxena in crucial post after 17-year absence in State
After 17 long years of absence in the State capital, Vipin Kumar Saxena took over the most crucial assignment of Principal Secretary of the Department of Home in the State Government on Friday.
A 1985-batch IAS officer, he had left the State in June 1996 after his one and a half years of stint as Managing Director of the Odisha State Cooperative Bank (OSCB). Saxena, who earned a name in both Union and State Governments for his smart handling of critical situations, has been assigned the responsibility before the general elections. Top cops feel that his long stint in the Union Ministry of Home Affairs worked in his favour for this crucial posting in the State. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik holds the portfolio of Home.
- Hridya Naryan Dikshit elected speaker of UP Assembly 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Be sensitive towards public problems : UP CM 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Yogi Adityanath expresses grief over the Mahakaushal Express train derailment 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mukhtar Ansari shifted to Banda Jail 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- All India Jamaital Quraish decides to end strike after meeting CM 31 Mar 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Fund swindling goes on in N’pada panchayat works 31 Mar 2017 | AJIT PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Baijayant finds ally in Baishnab 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Infra, communication to be upgraded to combat Maoists 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- INBREIF 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 16 families exiled after panchayat polls in A’garh 31 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar