- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Saxena in crucial post after 17-year absence in State
After 17 long years of absence in the State capital, Vipin Kumar Saxena took over the most crucial assignment of Principal Secretary of the Department of Home in the State Government on Friday.
A 1985-batch IAS officer, he had left the State in June 1996 after his one and a half years of stint as Managing Director of the Odisha State Cooperative Bank (OSCB). Saxena, who earned a name in both Union and State Governments for his smart handling of critical situations, has been assigned the responsibility before the general elections. Top cops feel that his long stint in the Union Ministry of Home Affairs worked in his favour for this crucial posting in the State. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik holds the portfolio of Home.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Dadri incident much hyped by ‘chalu party’: CM 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rajnath to visit to his constituency 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maulana blames UP govt for dadri incident 08 Oct 2015 | Virendra Nath Bhatt | in Lucknow
- Khan says his decision is right 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- MDM cooks to get salary info in SMS 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Panchayat polls commencing from oct-9 08 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- SKCG students go on strike 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rs226 crore earmarked for MGNREGS in Koraput 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- UP cops defends colleague beyond law 08 Oct 2015 | Preetam Srivastava | in Lucknow
- Two women critical in B’pur cylinder blast 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
08 Oct 2015 | PNS | Lucknow
Without naming the BJP, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that members of a ‘chalu party’ engineered the Dadri incident to divert people’s attention from development in UP and divide society on religious lines to get political mileage in the 2017 Assembly polls. “The ‘chalu party’ members raise different issues every six months thereby working on their agenda...
We seek the modification that Aadhaar be allowed to be used voluntarily for the benefit of the poor and the aged.
One used to hear such things (Dadri incident) happening in some other society, not ours. One does not feel proud.
So far we were fighting (political rivals) human beings. Now a shaitan has entered a human body, which is after us.