- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Saxena in crucial post after 17-year absence in State
After 17 long years of absence in the State capital, Vipin Kumar Saxena took over the most crucial assignment of Principal Secretary of the Department of Home in the State Government on Friday.
A 1985-batch IAS officer, he had left the State in June 1996 after his one and a half years of stint as Managing Director of the Odisha State Cooperative Bank (OSCB). Saxena, who earned a name in both Union and State Governments for his smart handling of critical situations, has been assigned the responsibility before the general elections. Top cops feel that his long stint in the Union Ministry of Home Affairs worked in his favour for this crucial posting in the State. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik holds the portfolio of Home.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Akhilesh appoints Abdi as advisor of irrigation department 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Governor wants police to gear up for assembly polls 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP Board examinationS to began on december 13 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Survey suggest victory for BJP in Vidhan Sabha polls, despite demonetisation 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 7 killed in road accidents due to fog, CM directs officials to take steps 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- An undertrial attempts sucide in Rae Bareli court 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Honest people are happy with demonetisation while corrupt are looking for cover: Rajnath Singh 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Badal describes Capt as ‘epicurean monarch’ 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Amarinder flays Modi Govt’s ‘petty sops’ in exchange of lives lost to demonetisation 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- CRPF troops withdrawn from Hisar’s Mirchpur village after 6 yrs 10 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
Demonetisation is the biggest scam in the history of India. I will reveal it in Parliament.You'll see that an earthquake will happen.
Through the years, being a girl, a woman, growing up, you learn to let go, hide some things, express things.
The ‘Mr Perfectionist' title is not correct for me. And it puts no pressure on me. The title should be ‘Mr Passionate’. That is what I am.