SFIO team interrogates Seashore chief
A specialised wing of the Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) interrogated chit fund company Seashore Group’s chief Prasant Dash and two others at the Jharapada Special Jail here on Monday.
A three-member SFIO team grilled Prasant Dash, his brother and company director Pravat Dash and middleman Subhankar Das. The SFIO officers interrogated the accused in connection with the alleged irregularities committed by the group’s companies for violation of the Company Act.
The SFIO has been directed to complete the interrogation of the accused and submit its report within a month, sources said.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs through a special notification has asked the SFIO to mainly investigate the frauds committed by the Seashore in violation of the Companies Act, said SFIO counsel Gyanaloka Mohanty. Notably, the SFIO had earlier interrogated chit fund firm Artha Tatwa (AT) Group chief Pradeep Sethy and four others at the Jharpada jail.
- Dalit couple allegedly beaten up by upper caste men 18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man kills wife, daughter before ending his life 18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- In brief 18 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Bail plea of Pauri Nagar Palika prez transferred to addl distt judge 18 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Met warns of heavy rain in parts of Uttarakhand 18 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ramayana screened at Tribal Museum 18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Govt departments jointly initiate vaccination scheme 18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Pakur police arrest 2 ‚Äėarms smugglers‚Äô 18 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Woman robbed of her gold chain; police fail to find culprit 18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal