SFIO team interrogates Seashore chief
A specialised wing of the Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) interrogated chit fund company Seashore Group’s chief Prasant Dash and two others at the Jharapada Special Jail here on Monday.
A three-member SFIO team grilled Prasant Dash, his brother and company director Pravat Dash and middleman Subhankar Das. The SFIO officers interrogated the accused in connection with the alleged irregularities committed by the group’s companies for violation of the Company Act.
The SFIO has been directed to complete the interrogation of the accused and submit its report within a month, sources said.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs through a special notification has asked the SFIO to mainly investigate the frauds committed by the Seashore in violation of the Companies Act, said SFIO counsel Gyanaloka Mohanty. Notably, the SFIO had earlier interrogated chit fund firm Artha Tatwa (AT) Group chief Pradeep Sethy and four others at the Jharpada jail.
- Portal of land offered for dev launched 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab SC panel orders VB probe against Patiala’s private college 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana textile traders join strike 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab Govt launches tree plantation drive 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Textile traders down shutters in Punjab 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cops book 5 people for attempt to murder over land dispute 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Akami Multi Specialty Ayurvedic Clinic opens in city 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HP Youth Congress to counter BJP yatra with Vikas Prachar yatra 28 Jun 2017 | Kamal Joshi | in Chandigarh
- Haryana aims GSDP growth at 9.8% 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh