- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
SFIO team interrogates Seashore chief
A specialised wing of the Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) interrogated chit fund company Seashore Group’s chief Prasant Dash and two others at the Jharapada Special Jail here on Monday.
A three-member SFIO team grilled Prasant Dash, his brother and company director Pravat Dash and middleman Subhankar Das. The SFIO officers interrogated the accused in connection with the alleged irregularities committed by the group’s companies for violation of the Company Act.
The SFIO has been directed to complete the interrogation of the accused and submit its report within a month, sources said.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs through a special notification has asked the SFIO to mainly investigate the frauds committed by the Seashore in violation of the Companies Act, said SFIO counsel Gyanaloka Mohanty. Notably, the SFIO had earlier interrogated chit fund firm Artha Tatwa (AT) Group chief Pradeep Sethy and four others at the Jharpada jail.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun