SFIO team interrogates Seashore chief
A specialised wing of the Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) interrogated chit fund company Seashore Group’s chief Prasant Dash and two others at the Jharapada Special Jail here on Monday.
A three-member SFIO team grilled Prasant Dash, his brother and company director Pravat Dash and middleman Subhankar Das. The SFIO officers interrogated the accused in connection with the alleged irregularities committed by the group’s companies for violation of the Company Act.
The SFIO has been directed to complete the interrogation of the accused and submit its report within a month, sources said.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs through a special notification has asked the SFIO to mainly investigate the frauds committed by the Seashore in violation of the Companies Act, said SFIO counsel Gyanaloka Mohanty. Notably, the SFIO had earlier interrogated chit fund firm Artha Tatwa (AT) Group chief Pradeep Sethy and four others at the Jharpada jail.
- Rape victim commits suicide 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Modi‚Äôs visit: SPG IG inspects academy, ground 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- No school building despite funds in B‚Äôngir 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Stir in JSpur after thief escapes cops' custody 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NDRF holds mock drill at Pokhariput DAV 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sister Cities ties between Cupertino, Bhubaneswar 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- RCR Mirror Gallery: Magic to puzzle visitors 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man pushed off moving train by transgenders 24 Oct 2017 | DINESH DAS | in Bhubaneswar
- Workshop begins at IIP 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest 3 thieves stealing batteries 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun