- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Smart bus transport system for city in offing
Smart bus transport system is one realistic solution for mass transport and mobility in Bhubaneswar Smart City, said Chief Secretary Aditya Prasad Padhi.
Padhi said this after listing to the experts of national repute on urban mobility and transport system in a seminar held here on Thursday. The seminar on Smart Mobility Solutions in Bhubaneswar was organised under the joint aegis of Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation, Bhubaneswar Development Authority and Bhubaneswar Smart City Company.
Addressing the thematic session, Padhi said, “Today we have a great responsibility as top Smart City in the country. Bhubaneswar is also a heritage city and a tourist destination as well.”
“With our present resources and requirement, we have to make smart bus transit system more attractive, reliable and convenient for the people so that people would choose to travel in public transport mode than that of their own vehicles,” he stated
Development Commissioner R Balakrishnan inaugurated the seminar and said that the recognition of No-1 Smart City is a great pride for the entire State as well as the Odia Diaspora outside the State. He added, “There are historical marks to believe that Bhubaneswar has been a leading center of culture and civilization from 2nd century BC. It is now a great heritage city. We have to design the developmental initiatives with a synthesis between the heritage and the modernity.”
Outlining the objectives of the seminar, Vice Chairman BDA Krishan Kumar said that BMC undertook a massive citizen connect programme along with a series of consultations in which more than 3 lakh people put forth their opinions and suggestions on improving the Smart City urban transport.
“With the inputs from the experts, we would soon develop a smart bus transport system in and around the Smart City. Around 600 buses would ply up and down from various destinations connecting the extended areas of the city as well,” he informed.
Experts of national repute like Dr Dario Hidalgo from World Resource Institute and Bagota and transport expert Lahgu Parshar threw light on sustainable transportation. Among others, Bankim Kalra, Sandeep V, DS Kutey, Police Commissioner YB Khurania and Smart City CEO Vineel Krishna participated in the discussion.
- Azam Khan demands nationwide ban on cow slaughter 28 Mar 2017 | pns | in Lucknow
- Ram Govind Chaudhary to be leader of opposition in 17th UP Assembly 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Crackdown only against illegal slaughter houses says State Govt 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State law commission justice Ravindra Singh resigns 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP CM seeks detail report on Gomti Riverfront project 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM orders CB probe; SIT formed 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rs12,946-cr commercial tax by February-end 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- There’s need of a Moral University that Govt should support 28 Mar 2017 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Orphanage kids join Ekamra Walks, visit temples 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Agro productions decline in State 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar