- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Smart bus transport system for city in offing
Smart bus transport system is one realistic solution for mass transport and mobility in Bhubaneswar Smart City, said Chief Secretary Aditya Prasad Padhi.
Padhi said this after listing to the experts of national repute on urban mobility and transport system in a seminar held here on Thursday. The seminar on Smart Mobility Solutions in Bhubaneswar was organised under the joint aegis of Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation, Bhubaneswar Development Authority and Bhubaneswar Smart City Company.
Addressing the thematic session, Padhi said, “Today we have a great responsibility as top Smart City in the country. Bhubaneswar is also a heritage city and a tourist destination as well.”
“With our present resources and requirement, we have to make smart bus transit system more attractive, reliable and convenient for the people so that people would choose to travel in public transport mode than that of their own vehicles,” he stated
Development Commissioner R Balakrishnan inaugurated the seminar and said that the recognition of No-1 Smart City is a great pride for the entire State as well as the Odia Diaspora outside the State. He added, “There are historical marks to believe that Bhubaneswar has been a leading center of culture and civilization from 2nd century BC. It is now a great heritage city. We have to design the developmental initiatives with a synthesis between the heritage and the modernity.”
Outlining the objectives of the seminar, Vice Chairman BDA Krishan Kumar said that BMC undertook a massive citizen connect programme along with a series of consultations in which more than 3 lakh people put forth their opinions and suggestions on improving the Smart City urban transport.
“With the inputs from the experts, we would soon develop a smart bus transport system in and around the Smart City. Around 600 buses would ply up and down from various destinations connecting the extended areas of the city as well,” he informed.
Experts of national repute like Dr Dario Hidalgo from World Resource Institute and Bagota and transport expert Lahgu Parshar threw light on sustainable transportation. Among others, Bankim Kalra, Sandeep V, DS Kutey, Police Commissioner YB Khurania and Smart City CEO Vineel Krishna participated in the discussion.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Mr and Mrs Anurag Thakur claimed to be giving `court arrest’ 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Azam Khan had narrow escape ; Chopper makes emergency landing 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP and BSP both protected each other on corruption issues: BJP 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM dares PM to join debate on development issue 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Fifth phase of elections a litmus test for SP-Congress alliance 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Centre not interested in giving SC status to 17 backward caste : Naresh Uttam 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM having no concern for Indians living abroad : Mayawati 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maharashtra election reveals people want to get rid of corruption : PM 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Stakeholders discuss new City Sanitation Plan 25 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Demand for Sambalpur HC Bench reiterated 25 Feb 2017 | NIMAI CHARAN SAHU | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
My visit to Rwanda and Uganda was a conscious effort by the Indian Government to intensify interactions with Africa.
Media and social media have done best for small films... Creating buzz about the film without (we) having to invest.
We will hunt down and destroy the Islamic State at its source so that it can no longer threaten our nation or our families.