Two die, six injured in road mishap in Pipili
Two persons were killed and six others injured in a road mishap in Pipili of Puri district on Sunday morning.
The deceased were identified as eight-year-old Subhasmita, daughter of Sachikant Nayak, and Sarojini Patra (50), Nayak’s relative. The injured were rushed to the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Sachikant Nayak of Malipur village under the Rajkanika police limits in Kendrapada district along with his family and relatives was travelling to Puri by a Bolero for mundan (tonsure) rituals of his son in the pilgrim town. The tragedy occurred when the vehicle collided with an iron object fixed at roadside as boundary near Dahisapatna on the Bhubaneswar-Puri route.
While Nayak’s daughter and relative Sarojini died on the spot, his son Rishi, father Pagal Nayak (70), wife Lakshmipriya (30) and relatives Milli Nayak (22) and Rojalin Nayak (25) were critically injured.
The driver of the vehicle fled the spot soon after the accident.
Police reached the spot and took the injured persons to the Pipili hospital, from where they were shifted to the Capital Hospital.
- BJP wins big, gets control of 21 out of 34 civic bodies 21 Apr 2018 | Mukesh Ranjan | in Ranchi
- INBRIEF 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State health centres bag national award 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JMM call for Opposition unity for ‚Äô19 polls 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Triumphant candidates celebrate, thank voters 21 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | in Ranchi
- BJP retains Mayor, Deputy Mayor posts in RMC 21 Apr 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Polling to be held on May 13 in 18 municipal committees of Haryana 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana orders crop loss assessment exercise 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Three MoUs signed at YMCA's Industrial Conclave 2018 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine more ministers in Punjab Cabinet 21 Apr 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh