Two die, six injured in road mishap in Pipili
Two persons were killed and six others injured in a road mishap in Pipili of Puri district on Sunday morning.
The deceased were identified as eight-year-old Subhasmita, daughter of Sachikant Nayak, and Sarojini Patra (50), Nayak’s relative. The injured were rushed to the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Sachikant Nayak of Malipur village under the Rajkanika police limits in Kendrapada district along with his family and relatives was travelling to Puri by a Bolero for mundan (tonsure) rituals of his son in the pilgrim town. The tragedy occurred when the vehicle collided with an iron object fixed at roadside as boundary near Dahisapatna on the Bhubaneswar-Puri route.
While Nayak’s daughter and relative Sarojini died on the spot, his son Rishi, father Pagal Nayak (70), wife Lakshmipriya (30) and relatives Milli Nayak (22) and Rojalin Nayak (25) were critically injured.
The driver of the vehicle fled the spot soon after the accident.
Police reached the spot and took the injured persons to the Pipili hospital, from where they were shifted to the Capital Hospital.
- UTC to use 180 buses to ferry Yoga participants 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Implement transfer act properly, says CS 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- INBRIEF 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stage set for World Yoga Day celebrations 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lac producers to get new lease of life 21 Jun 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- Guv distributes Cryo machines at Santhal Pargana 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minister opens online checkpost 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM pushes for doubling farm income in State 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM Das‚Äô land loot barb against Sorens 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CAIT team thanks CM for providing relief in E-Way Bill 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur