Two Odisha boys get kudos in US for aero project
Two engineering students from Odisha have been highly praised by the American Astronomical Society (AAS) for their innovative aerospace project.
The Black Bird team comprising 10 students of the Hindustan University in Chennai, which had prepared a mini satellite based on Nano technology, included the two Odisha students Rajesh Kumar Martha, a BTech (Aerospace) fourth year student of Arada village under Odagaon block of Naygarh district, and Romal Patel of Padmapur of Sambalpur district.
On submission of the project, the team was later invited by the AAS to participate in a three-day CanSat competition held in Texas from June 13 to 15.
On the last day of the competition, the team displayed its project with the successful launching of its mini satellite and received accolades from the AAS for their endeavour.
CanSats are small satellites that fit all the necessary subsystems found in a real satellite such as power and communications into a 350-ml drink can. These mini satellites do not go into space but are released from a rocket or a balloon at about 1 km altitude. On its way back to the ground, the CanSat has to perform a certain mission and land safely on the ground.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi