- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Voters’ list revision: 20 aid centres opened in city
Khurda Collector and District Election Officer Roopa Mishra on Monday raised concern over the rising number of fake voters in three Assembly constituencies in Bhubaneswar and directed the concerned officials to rectify the mistake during the voters’ list correction process scheduled to begin from Monday. The correction process will culminate on May 1.
As per the 2011 census, while the population under the age group of 18 years in national level and State level stands at 61 per cent and 68 per cent respectively, it stands at 87 per cent in three Assembly constituencies in Bhubaneswar including Central (112), North (113) and Ekamra (114).
“It is a matter of great concern that the rate is much higher than the State and national level. We doubt that a single person have many voter ID cards at various places,” said Mishra.
She also said 20 voters’ aid centres were opened at different offices like at the Sub Collector’s office, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation and four panchyat samati offices in the city. She warned the multiple voter ID card holders of intiating legal action against them unless they cooperate in the revision process.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Mulayam and his son insulting dalit icon: Mayawati 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Peace prevails on Ajodhya’s 24th demolition anniversary 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati frustrated over domonetisation says Maurya 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati warns against BJP’s political agenda 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to face yet another scuffle within the party 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Setback for SAD, 4 leaders join Cong 07 Dec 2016 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Odisha mourns Jayalalithaa’s demise 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP holds stir against stole removal from women 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha Govt likely to raise MLAs’ salary 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SAD welcomes over three dozen Cong families into party fold 07 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
Nitish Kumar should ask Lalu Prasad about the funding behind construction of Rabri Bhawan in Delhi at a cost of Rs 100 crore.
Daughters are the best gift. My daughter is the most beautiful in the world. Every daughter is. Love her, give her respect.
Jayalalithaa was a leader dearly loved by her people. I express my condolences to her loved ones and to people of Tamil Nadu.