- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Voters’ list revision: 20 aid centres opened in city
Khurda Collector and District Election Officer Roopa Mishra on Monday raised concern over the rising number of fake voters in three Assembly constituencies in Bhubaneswar and directed the concerned officials to rectify the mistake during the voters’ list correction process scheduled to begin from Monday. The correction process will culminate on May 1.
As per the 2011 census, while the population under the age group of 18 years in national level and State level stands at 61 per cent and 68 per cent respectively, it stands at 87 per cent in three Assembly constituencies in Bhubaneswar including Central (112), North (113) and Ekamra (114).
“It is a matter of great concern that the rate is much higher than the State and national level. We doubt that a single person have many voter ID cards at various places,” said Mishra.
She also said 20 voters’ aid centres were opened at different offices like at the Sub Collector’s office, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation and four panchyat samati offices in the city. She warned the multiple voter ID card holders of intiating legal action against them unless they cooperate in the revision process.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- JMM leader’s murder sparks protest in city 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Satanpur readies to welcome Das 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City’s oldest public library to get facelift 14 Feb 2016 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Mudra scheme a boon for Hazaribagh 14 Feb 2016 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- CM gifts auto-rikshaw to women driver 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maya terms budget as ‘a total failure’ 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Captain reappears after a week in Faizabad 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Gunmen gun down journalist at Gosaiganj 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Dalit organizations hails NDA’s govt announcement 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maharaj demands punishment for student over their ant-national slogans 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
14 Feb 2016 | Ananya Borgohain
Be it ancient legends or modern paranormal accounts, the mystical aura beyond the realm of rationality never fails to draw one’s undivided attention. ANANYA BORGOHAIN explores such ‘ghostly’ encounters that send shivers down the spine, and attempts to understand what about them fascinates everyone It is difficult to describe Mumbai’s Marine Drive in words that could highlight any of its newer, unexplored nuances...
If anyone tries to raise questions on the country’s unity and integrity, they will not be spared. Stringent action will be taken.
I don’t have a type; I think older would be good for me. They are more chilled and you don’t get the games.
Songs today have a very short shelf-life. When music becomes mechanical, that doesn’t work. It has to be a creative process.