- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Voters’ list revision: 20 aid centres opened in city
Khurda Collector and District Election Officer Roopa Mishra on Monday raised concern over the rising number of fake voters in three Assembly constituencies in Bhubaneswar and directed the concerned officials to rectify the mistake during the voters’ list correction process scheduled to begin from Monday. The correction process will culminate on May 1.
As per the 2011 census, while the population under the age group of 18 years in national level and State level stands at 61 per cent and 68 per cent respectively, it stands at 87 per cent in three Assembly constituencies in Bhubaneswar including Central (112), North (113) and Ekamra (114).
“It is a matter of great concern that the rate is much higher than the State and national level. We doubt that a single person have many voter ID cards at various places,” said Mishra.
She also said 20 voters’ aid centres were opened at different offices like at the Sub Collector’s office, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation and four panchyat samati offices in the city. She warned the multiple voter ID card holders of intiating legal action against them unless they cooperate in the revision process.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM yet to distribute portfolios to ministers 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State govt brace up security following Indian Army’s surgical Strike 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Former GM of ‘The Pioneer’ Dipak Mukherji dies following illness 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt to offer more facilities to cops 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Hafiz Usman to take strict action against guilty 30 Sep 2016 | Preetam Srivastava | in Lucknow
- Rs50-crore scholarship scam alleged in State 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Income Tax disclosures net may touch Rs200 crore in Odisha 30 Sep 2016 | NAGESHWAR PATNAIK | in Bhubaneswar
- Pharmacists threaten immolation before Naveen Niwas 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Adarsha Vidyalayas not yet made residential: Minister 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- No support for solar power projects in rural houses 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The call of Modi to Pakistan and its people for war against poverty has no answers (from them).
When you begin, the kind of flak you get for anything an everything is disappointing.
These (terrorists) are people who kill children, kill Muslims, take sex slaves. There's no religious rationale.