- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Voters’ list revision: 20 aid centres opened in city
Khurda Collector and District Election Officer Roopa Mishra on Monday raised concern over the rising number of fake voters in three Assembly constituencies in Bhubaneswar and directed the concerned officials to rectify the mistake during the voters’ list correction process scheduled to begin from Monday. The correction process will culminate on May 1.
As per the 2011 census, while the population under the age group of 18 years in national level and State level stands at 61 per cent and 68 per cent respectively, it stands at 87 per cent in three Assembly constituencies in Bhubaneswar including Central (112), North (113) and Ekamra (114).
“It is a matter of great concern that the rate is much higher than the State and national level. We doubt that a single person have many voter ID cards at various places,” said Mishra.
She also said 20 voters’ aid centres were opened at different offices like at the Sub Collector’s office, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation and four panchyat samati offices in the city. She warned the multiple voter ID card holders of intiating legal action against them unless they cooperate in the revision process.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- No salary for 3 months, DMC docs threaten stir 01 Jun 2016 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun
- Workshop marks World Tobacco Day at DMC 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- New DGP takes a road different from his predecessors 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Scientists should make 2 models every yr’ 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Report on Panchayati Raj institutions submitted 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Summer camp for Army personnels’ children ends 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CS led meeting on employment generation held at Secretariat 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex-MP Tamta files papers for next RS poll 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Haridwar Army officer dies in Maharashtra fire incident 01 Jun 2016 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- Eight farmer groups pay off loan, are now proud apple orchard owners 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
If authorities do not act against the comedian who has disrespected our national icons, the MNS will deal with him.
I like Salman Khan's company; I hope he likes mine too. If Sultan had somebody else, I wouldn't have done it.
Samajwadi Party's attempt to form an alliance with the RLD shows that it is not confident of coming to power again in Uttar Pradesh.