- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Voters’ list revision: 20 aid centres opened in city
Khurda Collector and District Election Officer Roopa Mishra on Monday raised concern over the rising number of fake voters in three Assembly constituencies in Bhubaneswar and directed the concerned officials to rectify the mistake during the voters’ list correction process scheduled to begin from Monday. The correction process will culminate on May 1.
As per the 2011 census, while the population under the age group of 18 years in national level and State level stands at 61 per cent and 68 per cent respectively, it stands at 87 per cent in three Assembly constituencies in Bhubaneswar including Central (112), North (113) and Ekamra (114).
“It is a matter of great concern that the rate is much higher than the State and national level. We doubt that a single person have many voter ID cards at various places,” said Mishra.
She also said 20 voters’ aid centres were opened at different offices like at the Sub Collector’s office, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation and four panchyat samati offices in the city. She warned the multiple voter ID card holders of intiating legal action against them unless they cooperate in the revision process.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Maoist held in Dantewada dist 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- SECL to use fixed water sprinkler to manage coal dust 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Two IEDs unearthed in Kanker district 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- State Government prepares plans for Rabi season sowing activity 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- BSP to install rain water harvesting system at administrative building 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NRDA seeks people’s ideas to design city’s gates 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Bhagat ties knot, set to go behind bars 05 Oct 2015 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Food Security Act: Grains distribution to begin on Oct 11 05 Oct 2015 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Palamu Tiger Reserve starts tourists bus 05 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kharkai bridge to be repaired before Durga Puja 05 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | Dantewada
A 36-year-old Maoist allegedly involved in an attack on Congress party’s convoy during the ‘Parivartan Yatra’ held on May 25, 2013 at Jheeram valley of Sukma district was arrested by joint squad of Special Task Force (STF) and District Force (DF) in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday. “Acting on a tip-off, security personnel have arrested the Naxal from restive Chikanpal Patelpara village falling under limits of Katekalyan...
There is clear evidence where all the Taliban leadership is based. It is in Pakistan. Who is helping them, coaching them?
They that possess the skills to be within notes and sounds independent of any other input, are the blessed. We are not.
Israel is waging a fight to the death against Palestinian terror. This includes speeded-up demolition of terrorists' homes.