Vyasanagar ex-Councillor suspended from BJD
Senior BJD leader and former Vyasanagar Municipality Councillor Soumendra Kumar Rout has been suspended from the party for antiparty activities.
Rout is said to be the key person for repeated confidence motions moved in the Vyasanagar civic body which resulted in unnecessary waste of time instead of doing welfare works and led to horse trading among Councillors to throw Chairperson Sabita Rout out of her post.
Three consecutive confidence motions decreased the BJD’s vote bank, for which the people are blaming the party’s top leaders including Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, former Minister Pranab Prakas Das, Sukinda MLA Priti Ranjan Ghadai and Korai MLA Akash DasNayak.
It has been a topic of discussion among the locals that was the clash here was persuaded by them for their personal political mileages. Naveen Patnaik had eventually suspended Sabita Rout from the BJD.
Evaluating the root of the disturbances and with instructions from Naveen Patnaik, local MLA Akash DasNayak and Vyasanagar BJD president Braja Kishore Rout suspended Soumendra from the party.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun