‘Write more and more in Kosli, revive Kosal’
Kosal region and Kosli language have deliberately been suppressed in Odisha which can come out of morass only if the young generation continues to write in various formats of Kosli literature, said DAV College, Titilagarh Odia department head Dr Dolagobinda Bisi on Tuesday.
He was speaking at a function to mark International Mother Language Day which was celebrated by English weekly Kosal Horizon as Kosli Matrubhasa Divas.
In a modest ceremony held in Maa Saraswati Sishu Mandir premises, Kesinga in Kalahandi district, Dr Bisi emphasized on the importance of the day and reminisced as to how the Bangladeshis fought against the Government of the day to impose Bengali as their national language in place of Urdu.
Dr Bisi was felicitated with “Bhasa Sri Samman”.
Editor, Kosal Horizon Baidyanath Mishra conferred him the award on behalf of the newspaper amid a galaxy of a literary gathering. Mishra referred to him as the second generation leader next to Pandit Prayagdutta Joshi, the father of Kosli literature. He pleaded that primary education in Kosli should be made compulsory for children of western Odisha in the primary stage.
A book titled “Swatantra Kosli Bhasa” authored by Pandit Prayagdutta Joshi was unveiled by Dr Bisi. Historian Natraj Mohapatra traced the existence of the old Kosal Janapad and how the western Odisha was part of the region under various dynastic rules.
Prof Jatin Mund regretted that the language and the region as a whole have remained undeveloped over the years. He lashed out at the Odisha administration for eulogizing Utkal and Kalinga but deliberately neglecting Kosal though all these parts were integral to Odisha. President Bonai Vikash Parishad PK Pradhan and Jagannath Mund also exhorted the gathering to fight for the linguistic right till it reaches its logical end. Surama Mishra proposed the vote of thanks.
- Minor girl alleges gangrape by cousins in G’jam 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Hindu Nava Barsa celebrated at Khariar 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Panic as landslide occurs 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- RSS celebrates Hindu New Year at Keonjhar 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 4-day Balangir Lok Utsav kicks off 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Family counselling held in city outskirts 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman teacher humiliation: DM orders probe 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Steps needed to ensure tribals’ right to education 29 Mar 2017 | PRAFULLA MAHARANA | in Bhubaneswar
- It’s BJD’s Congress-isation with stalwarts at open war 29 Mar 2017 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Govt to do everything to make cities accessible’ 29 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar