BKU threatens stir on all highways on International Yoga Day
Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) has threatened to protest on all highways on International Yoga Day on June 21 that will see Prime Minister Narendra Modi participating at a function along with 50, 000 participants at Ramabai Ambedkar ground.
The BKU has given the call to protest against police firing on farmers at Mandsur in Madhya Pradesh and the anti-farmer policies of the NDA government at the Centre and several states. The protest will be held in 12 states along with Uttar Pradesh.
A BKU office bearer said that it has given the call for nationwide protest to highlight the plight and exploitation of farmers by traders and government agencies.
The BKU had earlier announced to hold the protest on all highways connecting Lucknow as Prime Minister Narendra Modi would be present there but later excluded Lucknow district. President of BKU, Lucknow division, Hariram Singh Verma said in Lucknow that a meeting was held on Sunday where it was decided that no protest will be held in Lucknow in view of the PM’s visit.
“We want a peaceful protest and don’t want to be seen as violent and anarchist by the common people. The BKU is also not in favour of disrupting International Yoga Day programme in Lucknow as the Prime Minister will be there,” said he.
“Though we will not hold any protest in Lucknow but we will stage protests on the highways in Rae Bareli, Barabanki, Unnao, Hardoi and Sitapur, which connect the state capital. I will lead the protest in Barabanki,” Verma said.
“The protest will be for three hours starting at 9 am and conclude at mid day. We have timed our protest so as to cause minimum inconnivience to the masses and office goers,’’the BKu leader assured.
Verma said that farmers will perform Yoga with wheat, rice, sugarcane, milk and other agriculture produce to lodge their protest. Though BKU has asked the people to support the farmer’s stir and avoid using highways during the protest, it said that emergency services like Ambulances and Defence vehicles would not be stopped.
- State health dept to open small medical unit at office of State health directorate 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sachin Khokhar from dreaded Sunil Rathi gang shifted to Nainital jail 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLess defence products put factory staff in crisis‚Äô 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Report on Rashtrapati Bhavan trees presented to Pranab 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 2 persons blessed with vision from the eyes donated by Shantikunj resident 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 4 members of inter-State swindling gang nabbed 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 4-day All India Doubles Badminton tourney begins 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon DM reviews developmental schemes progress 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dist health dept reports 4 new swine flu cases 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vyapam accused commits suicide 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal