- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
BKU threatens stir on all highways on International Yoga Day
Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) has threatened to protest on all highways on International Yoga Day on June 21 that will see Prime Minister Narendra Modi participating at a function along with 50, 000 participants at Ramabai Ambedkar ground.
The BKU has given the call to protest against police firing on farmers at Mandsur in Madhya Pradesh and the anti-farmer policies of the NDA government at the Centre and several states. The protest will be held in 12 states along with Uttar Pradesh.
A BKU office bearer said that it has given the call for nationwide protest to highlight the plight and exploitation of farmers by traders and government agencies.
The BKU had earlier announced to hold the protest on all highways connecting Lucknow as Prime Minister Narendra Modi would be present there but later excluded Lucknow district. President of BKU, Lucknow division, Hariram Singh Verma said in Lucknow that a meeting was held on Sunday where it was decided that no protest will be held in Lucknow in view of the PM’s visit.
“We want a peaceful protest and don’t want to be seen as violent and anarchist by the common people. The BKU is also not in favour of disrupting International Yoga Day programme in Lucknow as the Prime Minister will be there,” said he.
“Though we will not hold any protest in Lucknow but we will stage protests on the highways in Rae Bareli, Barabanki, Unnao, Hardoi and Sitapur, which connect the state capital. I will lead the protest in Barabanki,” Verma said.
“The protest will be for three hours starting at 9 am and conclude at mid day. We have timed our protest so as to cause minimum inconnivience to the masses and office goers,’’the BKu leader assured.
Verma said that farmers will perform Yoga with wheat, rice, sugarcane, milk and other agriculture produce to lodge their protest. Though BKU has asked the people to support the farmer’s stir and avoid using highways during the protest, it said that emergency services like Ambulances and Defence vehicles would not be stopped.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi