- ED attaches Rs 1.16cr assets of Karti, firm allegedly linked to him
- Amit Shah slams Rahul for defending dynastic politics
- World's former heaviest woman dies in Abu Dhabi
- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
Cabinet Ministers, MoSs too participate
As part of the cleanliness campaign undertaken on Monday, Cabinet Ministers and Ministers of State participated in sanitation drives held in different parts of the State. Cabinet Minister Yashpal Arya participated in the cleaning activity at Adarshnagar in Roorkee on Monday. He said that the State Government is also laying stress on the cleanliness campaign to achieve the vision Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Swachchh Bharat Mission. Arya said that every person will have to get involved in this campaign with commitment in order to make the Nation and State clean and free of pollution. He said that campaign will be conducted every week under the Swachchh Bharat Abhiyan. MLA Pradeep Batra, BJP district head Kalpana Saini and other public representatives were also present on the occasion. At Doiwala, Cabinet Minister Prakash Pant participated in the cleanliness campaign for about one hour in the Doiwala Bazaar. He swept the road with a broom apart from which he also cleared roadside sewers clogged by garbage. Pant personally met shopkeepers at Doiwala Bazaar and appealed them to maintain cleanliness in front of their shops. He also exhorted the people to desist from using prohibited plastic items. He said that on assuming office, the newly elected State Government had decided to conduct the cleanliness campaign with an attempt to send a positive message through the symbolic campaign.
At Swargashram, cabinet minister Harak Singh Rawat inaugurated the cleanliness campaign. He administered the oath of cleanliness to the gathering on the occasion. The newly formed State Government had started its first programme with cleanliness campaign. The cabinet minister also directed the Pauri district magistrate to make special arrangements for maintaining sanitation on the ghats of Swargashram for which a cleanliness campaign should also be conducted on a regular basis. Pauri district magistrate Chandrashekhar Bhatt other officials and public representatives were also present on the occasion.
At Rishikesh, Cabinet Minister Subodh Uniyal participated in the cleaning drive at Triveni Ghat where at Ganga pledge programme was held on the occasion to boost cleanliness campaign in the State under the Swachchh Bharat Mission. He also actively participated in cleaning work at Triveni Ghat and the Ganga river for about one hour, while exhorting the public to ensure their participation in keeping the Ganga and its ghats clean. In Satpuli, Cabinet Minister Satpal Maharaj undertook cleaning along with officials and locals.
At Vikasnagar, Minister of State Rekha Arya administered cleanliness pledge to the gathering at Vikasnagar Mandi Chowk. Local MLA Munna Singh Chauhan also participated in the cleaning activity on the occasion.
At Kotdwar, Cabinet Minister Arvind Pande inaugurated the cleanliness campaign in the assembly constituency. In addition to exhorting the gathering to participate in the cleanliness effort, he also sang a song to motivate the public on the occasion. Lansdowne MLA Dalip Singh Rawat, public representatives and locals were also present on the occasion. Similar activities were also held in other locations across the State on Monday.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow