- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Sidhu gets a spokesperson
Mr ‘Speak-All' has got a new mouthpiece — his wife. All these years everyone thought it was virtually impossible to bowl cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Sidhu out from his innings as he is an incessant speaker. But this time, much to the surprise of all, he is maintaining a strategic silence on the issue of his retiring hurt from the political field. What, perhaps, is all the more intriguing is that he has his wife speaking on his behalf. Well, Mr Sidhu, we all have heard of batsmen having runners after getting hurt. This is the first time a batsman has a gunner to fire for him.
RTE, a tooth to scratch the floor
Right to Education and its implementation in private schools have proved to be a futile exercise for the Government. Parents who are ambitious to provide better education to their children in the City Beautiful are running pillar to post to avail the Government scheme, but the schools are reluctant to provide any assistance. Now, schools are playing hide and seek by not letting out any information on the said scheme and on the receiving end are the children who have lost all their faith in the system after being turned down by various schools in their neighbourhood.
Beauty conscious women cops!
Post the Delhi gang-rape case and its subsequent outcry, police of queen of hills deployed hundreds of women cops in different locations to prevent any untoward incidents especially with the tourists. The deployment took place. Now, in summer when scorching sun is making the temperature soar, these women cops have approached senior officers saying that their skin is getting tanned and would affect their prospect of marriage. Such was the pressure, that now police had to distribute white Cow Boy styled hats among all police personnel on duty in the State capital, especially among traffic police and district police women constables.
(Contributed by Monika Malik, Nitindra Bandyopadhyay and Manohar Lal)
MORE State Editions NEWS
- High time Block Grant replaced with GIA 27 Feb 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Road mishap fatality on the rise in Odisha now 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NKS to expose Rs 5K-crore ‘loot’ tomorrow 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weeklyroundups 27 Feb 2017 | Baidyanath Mishra | in Bhubaneswar
- Minister Rajen Gohain to visit ECoR today 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vig arrests Khariar DFO in graft case 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State gets Rs 43.29-cr rev from two ports 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Omfed plant closure to hit 2.70L farmers 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man thrashes mother to death in city 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man falls victim of own plan to kill another 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
She (Mayawati) can enter into an understanding with the BJP anytime. Actually she is helping the BJP. One must be careful.
Look at the vast range of roles portrayed by Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep or Halley Berry. Their works are my inspiration.
You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what happened in Sweden. They took in large numbers (immigrants).