Sidhu gets a spokesperson
Mr ‘Speak-All' has got a new mouthpiece — his wife. All these years everyone thought it was virtually impossible to bowl cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Sidhu out from his innings as he is an incessant speaker. But this time, much to the surprise of all, he is maintaining a strategic silence on the issue of his retiring hurt from the political field. What, perhaps, is all the more intriguing is that he has his wife speaking on his behalf. Well, Mr Sidhu, we all have heard of batsmen having runners after getting hurt. This is the first time a batsman has a gunner to fire for him.
RTE, a tooth to scratch the floor
Right to Education and its implementation in private schools have proved to be a futile exercise for the Government. Parents who are ambitious to provide better education to their children in the City Beautiful are running pillar to post to avail the Government scheme, but the schools are reluctant to provide any assistance. Now, schools are playing hide and seek by not letting out any information on the said scheme and on the receiving end are the children who have lost all their faith in the system after being turned down by various schools in their neighbourhood.
Beauty conscious women cops!
Post the Delhi gang-rape case and its subsequent outcry, police of queen of hills deployed hundreds of women cops in different locations to prevent any untoward incidents especially with the tourists. The deployment took place. Now, in summer when scorching sun is making the temperature soar, these women cops have approached senior officers saying that their skin is getting tanned and would affect their prospect of marriage. Such was the pressure, that now police had to distribute white Cow Boy styled hats among all police personnel on duty in the State capital, especially among traffic police and district police women constables.
(Contributed by Monika Malik, Nitindra Bandyopadhyay and Manohar Lal)
- CIL signs MoU to install water coolers, purifiers 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lions club holds cloth, food camps 23 Oct 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Coal Ministry directs CMPDI to expedite exploration 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Rs 3L looted from Petrol Pump 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Police arrest six notorious criminals, pistol recovered 23 Oct 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DM visits potters, martyr kin, shares joy & sorrow 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- UP cop creates ruckus to open liquor shop 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėRewrite history on Tipu‚Äô 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Jyoti Soni shows way for self-employment 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hindi literary festival to see blend of technology and language 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal