- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
Krishna Janmashtmi holiday on Monday
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has notified that August 14 will be observed as a public holiday on account of Krishna Janmashtmi by all Government employees posted in Government offices and boards, corporations and educational institutions under it, instead of August 15, as was notified earlier.
Reservation in promotion to persons with disabilities
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government has decided to grant reservation to persons with disabilities for promotions in jobs under Government or Government undertakings, local bodies and universities and others. This was stated in a circular issued by the Chief Secretary. In another letter, the State Government has also decided to exempt Government employees with disabilities from electoral duty. The letter to this effect was issued by the Chief Secretary Office on Saturday.
MILKFED to put up Verka booths at HPCL outlets
Chandigarh: MILKFED on Saturday signed a Memorandum of Agreement with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) to put up ‘Verka’ booths at selected retail outlets of HPCL. Now the customers can enjoy products of Verka at these HPCL outlets while they avail the outlet’s services. Manjit Singh Brar, Managing Director MILKFED said, “Verka has been delighting the customers for so many years now. It is one of the most loved dairy brands of the region. The collaboration is a very good opportunity for us for increased customer engagement we will be able to deliver our products to the consumers more conveniently. This association will help us to expand our business in the region by tapping in the large customer base of HPCL. It will also generate employment opportunities to local youth.”
Punjab: Policeman arrested for taking bribe
Phagwara: Punjab Vigilance Bureau sleuths on Saturday arrested an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 3,000 from a person. A team headed by DSP Manjit Singh caught the police official, Jagtar Singh, accepting the bribe from Gagan Kumar. The ASI, posted with the Sadar police station here, had demanded Rs 3,000 from the complainant, Kumar, in connection with a case, the police said. The police have registered a case against him under relevant Sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Su-Kam offering flexible work hrs for women
Gurgaon: Su-Kam, power backup and solar solutions company, has embarked on a initiative of offering flexible work hours to women in which it has come out with a policy where it will be offering part-time flexible hours of work to women who aspire to augment their income. The objective of the policy is to provide financial independence to women who are in midst of career break due to various concerns. The role of these women would be to communicate and coordinate with Su-Kam’s product distributors and in-house team for order booking and billing, timely supply and service, complaint resolutions and product training. “We, at Su-Kam have always endeavoured to take into consideration women’s concerns. This policy is a step ahead in ensuring the welfare of women at the workplace,” said Kunwer Sachdev, Managing Director, Su-Kam.
Teenager killed in road accident in Punjab
Moga: A 16-year-old boy was killed when his motorcycle allegedly collided with a truck near Kamalke Kala village on Dharamkot-Jalandhar highway here, police said. The deceased had been identified as Harmanpreet Singh of Bhodiwala village. The incident occurred on Friday night and the accused truck driver fled the spot. A case has been registered, police added.
- Women power to rule lower judiciary in Jharkhand 19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | in Ranchi
- 300 policemen on toes to ensure peaceful Diwali 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali celebration with underprivileged kids 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Teachers gear up for union polls 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali: Additional forces deployed 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- State Govt gives Diwali gift to GCE Hospital 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Modi to inaugurate projects: Bhatt 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- City gears up for Diwali celebration 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Security upped for PM‚Äôs Oct 20 visit 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun