- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Toll free number launched for Poll related info
Shimla: A spokesperson of Himachal Election Department said that massive campaign has been launched in the State to ensure involvement of maximum number of eligible voters in the election process. In this connection, the department has also installed a toll free number 0177-2620551 at Shimla to provide information related to elections in the State and to make people aware about various issues related election. He said that any information linked to electoral rolls can be obtained by pressing 1, photo identity card by pressing 2, polling station by pressing 3 and information related to EVM or VVPAT by pressing 4. It will also connect to operator for seeking further enquiry.
4-day ‘CII Chandigarh Fair 2017’ to kick off
Chandigarh: Kick-starting Diwali festivities for the year, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will organise the 22nd edition of CII Chandigarh Fair 2017 at Parade Ground Sector 17 here from October 13 to 16. As many as 260 exhibitors will put up their stalls at the fair for Diwali shoppers from the region. The mega exhibition will be spread over an area of 16,000 sqm. West Bengal, Rajasthan, and Jharkhand are participating states, said Man Mohan S Kohli, chairman, CII Chandigarh Fair 2017 and CEO, The Aroma Group. The mega exhibition will be divided into 14 Concurrent Expos this year.
PGIMER develops low cost indigenous alarm system
Chandigarh: The PGIMER Department of Anaesthesia has developed a low cost indigenous infusion alarm system named IV ALERT for monitoring volume and rate of delivery of intravenous fluids. The main feature of the device is its ability to alert the health care provider before completion of the set target volume of infusion fluid. This enables the health care provider to take necessary action like replacement of empty infusion bag or termination of flow so that backflow of blood in infusion tubings is prevented. This alarm device was conceptualised by Prof GD Puri, Head of Department of Anaesthesia and the prototype was developed by Clarity Medical Private Limited, Mohali Punjab
‘Media plays important role in pre & post disaster’
Shimla: "Media plays an important role in pre-disaster and post-disaster situations with dual responsibility of sensitizing general public and reporting the facts in event of disaster’’, said Himachal Director Information & Public Relations Dinesh Malhotra on Wednesday. Presiding over a State level workshop on ‘Role of Media in Disaster Management and Risk Reduction’ here, he said that feed back from media on shortcomings of operations could be used to further strengthen and improve functioning in times of disaster. He said media is a partner in governance and acts as a bridge between Government authorities and people. He said that media should also file follow up stories after disaster frequently so that the authorities could correct operational gaps well in time. Malhotra said timely communication from mass media about impending disaster can lead to appropriate individual and community action.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal