Toll free number launched for Poll related info
Shimla: A spokesperson of Himachal Election Department said that massive campaign has been launched in the State to ensure involvement of maximum number of eligible voters in the election process. In this connection, the department has also installed a toll free number 0177-2620551 at Shimla to provide information related to elections in the State and to make people aware about various issues related election. He said that any information linked to electoral rolls can be obtained by pressing 1, photo identity card by pressing 2, polling station by pressing 3 and information related to EVM or VVPAT by pressing 4. It will also connect to operator for seeking further enquiry.
4-day ‘CII Chandigarh Fair 2017’ to kick off
Chandigarh: Kick-starting Diwali festivities for the year, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will organise the 22nd edition of CII Chandigarh Fair 2017 at Parade Ground Sector 17 here from October 13 to 16. As many as 260 exhibitors will put up their stalls at the fair for Diwali shoppers from the region. The mega exhibition will be spread over an area of 16,000 sqm. West Bengal, Rajasthan, and Jharkhand are participating states, said Man Mohan S Kohli, chairman, CII Chandigarh Fair 2017 and CEO, The Aroma Group. The mega exhibition will be divided into 14 Concurrent Expos this year.
PGIMER develops low cost indigenous alarm system
Chandigarh: The PGIMER Department of Anaesthesia has developed a low cost indigenous infusion alarm system named IV ALERT for monitoring volume and rate of delivery of intravenous fluids. The main feature of the device is its ability to alert the health care provider before completion of the set target volume of infusion fluid. This enables the health care provider to take necessary action like replacement of empty infusion bag or termination of flow so that backflow of blood in infusion tubings is prevented. This alarm device was conceptualised by Prof GD Puri, Head of Department of Anaesthesia and the prototype was developed by Clarity Medical Private Limited, Mohali Punjab
‘Media plays important role in pre & post disaster’
Shimla: "Media plays an important role in pre-disaster and post-disaster situations with dual responsibility of sensitizing general public and reporting the facts in event of disaster’’, said Himachal Director Information & Public Relations Dinesh Malhotra on Wednesday. Presiding over a State level workshop on ‘Role of Media in Disaster Management and Risk Reduction’ here, he said that feed back from media on shortcomings of operations could be used to further strengthen and improve functioning in times of disaster. He said media is a partner in governance and acts as a bridge between Government authorities and people. He said that media should also file follow up stories after disaster frequently so that the authorities could correct operational gaps well in time. Malhotra said timely communication from mass media about impending disaster can lead to appropriate individual and community action.
- Chouhan to return from US on Oct 28 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Martyrs' kin to get Rs 1 cr 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Statue of CISF official unveiled at BHEL 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hridya Drishyam a hit on Day 1 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 dead, 1 injured as bus hits bike 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bhai Dooj: Women protest at Central Jail 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- State's boy to lead India in 7th Sultan Johar Cup 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 22 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Poppy husk worth Rs 3.51 cr seized, 3 arrested 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Steps taken to ensure safety of tourists during Jal-Mahotsava 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal