- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
CCSHAU gets patent for analytical technique
Chandigarh: Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, has been granted patent for analytical technique entitled ‘A Method for the Estimation of Multi Residue in Butter/Ghee’ for 20 years. Varsity Vice-Chancellor Prof KP Singh congratulated Dr Beena Kumari, senior Analytical Chemist (retd) and her fellow Research Associates — Dr Shashi Singh, Dr Jagdeep Singh and Dr TS Kathpal the senior Pesticide Chemist (retd), Department of Entomology, CCSHAU, Hisar, for developing the technique. The rapid, simple and authentic technique determine the contaminants of all four major groups of pesticides simultaneously in butter or ghee using gas liquid chromatography which can be adopted by dairy industries and milk plants producing butter and ghee along with milk engaged in national and international business.
Hry CM condoles demise of Faridabad’s ex-MP
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has expressed grief over the sad demise of former BJP MP from Faridabad Ramchandra Bainda who breathed his last at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi on Tuesday. Lal, in his message, described Bainda as a seasoned politician who worked for the upliftment of people belonging to weaker sections of the society. He said that Bainda was also associated with a number of social, cultural and literary organizations engaged in constructive activities for the upliftment of downtrodden. He conveyed his heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family and prayed that the departed soul might rest in peace.
PGIMER signs MoU with CIL
Chandigarh: PGIMER Chandigarh, through its Director Dr Jagat Ram, on Tuesday signed an MoU with Coal India Limited (CIL) through its general manager SN Singh wherein CIL would provide Rs two crore grant to 20 poor patients with thalassemia major (Rs 10 lakh per patient) for bone marrow transplants on ongoing basis to be carried out in PGI Chandigarh. The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, through its Blood Cell-NHM, has initiated this programme last year wherein CIL through its corporate social responsibility is providing financial help to thalassemia patient requiring bone marrow transplants. The programme is already running successfully at four major centres in India. PGI Chandigarh is the 5th center and would cater to patients with thalassemia from north- west region of India.
UHBVN to listen complaints on Jun 15
Panchkula: Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam’s Consumer Grievances Redressal Forum’s (CGRF) chairman, along with the members of the Forum, would redress the grievances or hear the complaint of the consumers and entertain new complaints from 11:30 am to 2 pm on June 15 at the office of XEN ‘OP’ Division Panchkula in Power Colony Industrial Area phase-II. CGRF will take all grievances or complaints like billing, voltage, metering, disconnection and reconnection of power supply, interruptions, failure of power supply, efficiency, safety, reliability, non-compliance of Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission orders etc.
Mohali DC warns against adulterated milk
SAS Nagar: Mohali District Administration will take a strict action against the people involved in supply and sale of adulterated milk and adulterated milk products under Mission Tandarust Punjab, said the Deputy Commissioner Gurpreet Kaur Sapra while presiding over a meeting with the officials of Health Department, Dairy Development Department, Verka Milk Plant Mohali and districts’ dairy farmers on Tuesday. She said to curb the same, Administration is launching a special drive under which the checking teams would initiate strict action including sealing of concerned shops and restaurants. She also issued a warning to the sweet shop and restaurant owners saying that within three days, they must ensure proper working according to the rules.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun