Bansal urges UT Admin to alot flats
Former Union Minister and ex-city MP Pawan Kumar Bansal on Sunday urged the Chandigarh Administration to register the flats allotted by the Chandigarh Housing Board under the partial self-financing scheme of 2001 on free hold basis in Sector 51 here at the rate of allotment/ transfer only and not the present market value.
Bansal said that only some of the allottees/owners who were then issued the proformas of the conveyance deeds, could get registered at the office of Sub Registrar on payment of registration fee of Rs 10,020.
Though the Chandigarh Housing Board had received the full and final payment from all the allottees in the years 2007-08, it did not get the conveyance deeds executed in many cases. These allottees had deposited the requisite stamp duty fee for the conveyance and had also submitted three sets of conveyance deeds as required but two sets of conveyance deeds were not given back to the allottees as stipulated by the rules, Bansal said.
In the year 2015, the allottees were asked to get the conveyance deeds registered at the then prevailing market rates. These being cases of first transfer of property directly by a Government agency i.e. the Chandigarh Housing Board to the allottees, the conveyance deeds should be registered on the basis of the price of allotment of the property, said the former Union Minister.
He further said that it is only in cases of subsequent transfer that the new sale price would be the basis for determining the stamp duty which is leviable only on the consideration price.
The decision to require payment of stamp duty on the present market rates has cast unjust burden on the allottees and the position should be rectified in the interest of justice, Bansal added.
- Min reviews outcome of cooperative workshop 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Challenges await new police chief 22 Jul 2017 | MANOJ KUMAR | in Dehradun
- Now, Mahant Indiresh hospital can conduct swine flu test 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Patients face problem due to lack of radiologists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Meeting for Independence Day preparations held 22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- N America C‚Äôgarh Association membership growing rapidly 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Police nab four extremists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hospital train to provide medical services in Daltonganj 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Admin orders raids against shops to check sale of adulterated sweets 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CCL holds meeting of Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi