Biting cold after rain, snow in HP
Biting cold conditions prevailed in most parts of Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday despite a sunny day after rains and snow for the last three days. The minimum temperatures across the State were recorded at one to four degrees below normal, a MeT department official said.
Jhanjehli in Mandi district received 10 mm of rains while Kalpa received 1 cm of snow Tuesday night.
Kasauli was wettest in the region with 13 mm rains during the last one day, followed by Dalhousie, Dharampur, Bajaura, Bhuntar, Shimla, Seobagh, Solan, Jubbarhatti and Sundernagar which received 12 mm, 9 mm, 8 mm, 7mm, 6mm, 4mm and 2 mm of rains respectively.
The high altitude tribal areas reeled under arctic conditions with night temperatures staying at 14 to 20 degrees below freezing point while Keylong, Manali and Kalpa recorded a low of minus 11.6 degrees, minus 4.4 degrees and minus 4.0 degrees respectively.
Sundernagar, Bhuntar and Shimla shivered at 1.5 degrees Celsius, 1.8 degrees Celsius and 1.9 degrees Celsius respectively. Solan and Palampur recorded a low of 2.0 and 3.0 degrees Celsius respectively, followed by Una, Dharamsala and Nahan at 6.2, 6.8 and 7.5 degrees Celsius.
Keylong groaned under piercing cold wave conditions during the day also with maximum temperature staying low at minus 1.3 degrees Celsius, followed by Kalpa, Dalhousie, Manali, Shimla, Dharamsala, Solan, Nahan, Bhuntar, Chamba, Sundernagar and Una.
The local MeT office has predicted rains or snow at isolated places in mid and higher hills on Thursday and dry weather in rest of the State for the next six days till February 20.
Despite of rains or snow during the past three days , the winter rain deficit till date was minus 71 per cent, which is causing worry to farmers.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun