- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
Boy kidnaps 5-yr-old for Rs 20 L ransom, kills her
A 16-year-old Class 11 boy in Haryana allegedly killed a five-year-old girl by drowning her in a water tub after kidnapping her for a ransom.
The boy was apprehended around 1 am today after the police traced the ransom call to a house that was rented to his brother-in-law by the girl's father, Superintendent of Police (SP), Ambala, Abhishek Jorwal said on Thursday.
"He did not show any remorse. During questioning, he told us that he had watched a movie after which he decided to hatch a plan to make easy money. The boy was working on his laptop when the police reached the house," he said.
The 16-year-old had hid the body in a water cooler after drowning her in the water tub, the SP said.
The boy was alone at home as his brother-in-law, who worked at a shop owned by the girl's father, along with his family had gone to Uttar Pradesh, he said.
The officer said that the boy lured the girl to his house last evening when she was playing outside her residence. The victim's family started searching for her after she did not return home and later informed the police, he said.
In the meantime, a neighbour received the ransom call. The caller demanded Rs 20 lakh, the SP said.
It was traced and the police zeroed-in on the house. Realising that the police had been alerted and the girl could raise an alarm, he decided to kill her, Jorwal said.
The SP said that the girl's father was not aware of the boy's background and intentions.
- ED attaches IAS officer‚Äôs assets in Ranchi, Udaipur, Bengaluru, Kolkata 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 10 decimal land sop to illegal settlers in towns 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man kills himself, wife, son over loan burden 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand Travel Mart to endorse State‚Äôs tourism prospects 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Pollution watchdog undergoes facelift 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Cabinet nod to form SC Panel 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NCW smells rat in gang rape case 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharcraft inks MoU with Banka Silk 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Youth power will make India world guru, says CM 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Centre okays setting up of Tribunal for settling Mahanadi water dispute 21 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur