- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
British Council to train teachers in English
The British Council would teach English language skills to Punjab’s teachers.
For the purpose, the Punjab Education Department has tied-up with the Council to train the secondary school teachers in English language skills. The move is aimed at preparing the English teachers of the Government schools’ with latest activity-based teaching methods to eventually improve the standards of English subject teaching and learning.
“The project — Punjab English Language Teaching Initiative — started in 2011, and since then approximately 6,000 English and Social Studies teachers of Punjab have been trained under this project per year,” said Punjab Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka.
He said that the project aimed to replace traditional monotonous teaching of mere giving lectures by modern innovative activity-based teaching and learning where student learn by actively participating in the classroom.
“The programme helps the teachers to understand that in a communicative classroom, the students will have more talking time than teachers. Teachers have been trained practically during training by assigning them tasks in pair and groups thereby teaching them classroom management which will help them teaching English to students easily,” he added.
Maluka also said that the Government would impart training to 3,000 master trainers in the third phase of this project. “Selection of Master Trainers is based on strenuous criteria which are done by conducting written test and interview and then finalising the list of Master Trainers who further train the teachers teaching Classes IX and X from different schools of Punjab,” he added.
The Minister said that every year, teachers show keen interest in British Council trainings and they appreciate the standards of content matter as well
Adding, he said that the project has proved to be a boon for the teachers as they now feel that students are more active in the English class and they try to
MORE State Editions NEWS
- High time Block Grant replaced with GIA 27 Feb 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Road mishap fatality on the rise in Odisha now 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NKS to expose Rs 5K-crore ‘loot’ tomorrow 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weeklyroundups 27 Feb 2017 | Baidyanath Mishra | in Bhubaneswar
- Minister Rajen Gohain to visit ECoR today 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vig arrests Khariar DFO in graft case 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State gets Rs 43.29-cr rev from two ports 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Omfed plant closure to hit 2.70L farmers 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man thrashes mother to death in city 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man falls victim of own plan to kill another 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
She (Mayawati) can enter into an understanding with the BJP anytime. Actually she is helping the BJP. One must be careful.
Look at the vast range of roles portrayed by Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep or Halley Berry. Their works are my inspiration.
You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what happened in Sweden. They took in large numbers (immigrants).