- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Crackdown on graft: Embezzlement of 19.29 cr detected
Punjab Finance Department has unearthed Rs 19.29 crore embezzlement of public funds in several State Government offices.
The financial irregularity was detected during the audit of local funds, public and quasi public bodies for the financial year 2017-18.
Taking the crackdown on corrupt practices to the implementation level, the Department has initiated action against those involved in such cases with clear orders from the top that none of the guilty would be spared. “Any erring official or functionary found involved in such malpractices will be dealt with severely,” said the government’s official spokesperson.
The irregularities were found in Amritsar Improvement Trust, Moga Municipal Corporation, Rampura Phul Municipal Council, Begowal Municipal Council, Mehatpur Nagar Panchayat, Raikot Municipal Council, Chauke (Bathinda) Nagar Panchayat, Sri Anandpur Sahib Municipal Council, and several other gram panchayats.
The embezzlements were detected by the local audit wing of the department, said the spokesperson.
Spokesperson said that zero tolerance towards corruption is the new mantra of the state government, and the unearthing of embezzlement is a move towards taking Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh’s crusade against corruption to a new level.
A sum of Rs 7.62 crore on account of audit fee received by the Audit Wing while auditing the accounts has since been deposited in the Government Treasury.
Spokesperson said that Rs 4.40 crore was saved during pre-auditing of bills by retrenching excess or wrong payments made to the Local Bodies. Besides, while pre-auditing the bills, Rs 4.40 crore was saved by curtailing the excess and wrong payments of various municipal corporations, municipal councils, improvement trusts, universities, Punjab School Education Board and Sewerage Board and circles across the state.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun