Every poll promise will be met despite financial crisis: Bajwa
Punjab Rural Development and Panchayats Minister Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa on Sunday made it clear that every promise made to the people in the State during the election campaign would be kept despite the financial crisis.
“All objectives set by Capt Amarinder Singh Government would be fully achieved,” declared Bajwa during an interview with a private TV channel.
He said that the resources would be mobilised from additional devolution under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime, plugging of tax leakage and creation of additional resources.
Admitting that the state government was facing problems due to mismanagement during two terms of previous Akali SAD-BJP Government resulting in debt burden of more than Rs 2 lakh crore, Bajwa stated that the crisis would be successfully contained under the leadership of Chief Minister. On farm debt waiver, Bajwa said that Capt Amarinder Government had already provided relief to about 10 lakh farming families by waiving debt of Rs 2 lakh each.
“Now, it is an issue between the State Government and the banks. The State Government would amend the legislation to deal with the debt from commission agents and ensure capping of interest rate of such loans at 11 per cent,” he said adding that the total interest to be paid by the farmer in no case would be more that the principal amount. Bajwa made it categorically clear that interests of Punjab in the river waters dispute would not be allowed to be harmed adding that the only leader who had defended these interests was Capt Amarinder. Punjab would not allow additional waters to flow out of State as there was not even a drop to spare, he stated.
The Minister claimed substantial improvement in the law and order situation after the regime change. Gangsters were fleeing from Punjab while the cases of desecration of religious shrines had gone down, he added. On impending Gurdaspur Lok Sabha by-poll, Bajwa said that the Congress would register victory with a massive margin. “Aam Aadmi Party lacked support in that area and the people had not forgotten the excesses committed by the previous rulers. Congress is fully prepared to unitedly the poll arena under the leadership of Capt Amarinder and state party chief Sunil Jakhar,” he said.
Listing his Department’s priorities, he said vacating encroachment on shamlat lands in the villages, ensuring transparent auction of shamlat lands to increase panchayats’ income, productive use of village ponds and conducting elections to the panchayat bodies on time and in a free and fair manner are on the list.
- INBRIEF 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State health centres bag national award 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JMM call for Opposition unity for ‚Äô19 polls 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Triumphant candidates celebrate, thank voters 21 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | in Ranchi
- BJP retains Mayor, Deputy Mayor posts in RMC 21 Apr 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Polling to be held on May 13 in 18 municipal committees of Haryana 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana orders crop loss assessment exercise 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Three MoUs signed at YMCA's Industrial Conclave 2018 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine more ministers in Punjab Cabinet 21 Apr 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Collapsed bridge on Gangotri highway re-opens 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun