Guv Devvrat gives away prices to winner of painting competition
Himachal Governor Acharya Devvrat on Tuesday conferred prizes to winner students of State level painting competition in award distribution ceremony organised by Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL) for promoting National Awareness Campaign on Energy Conservation at Raj Bhawan here.
The competition was held under the National Campaign on Energy Conservation of Ministry of Power and Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Government of India.
The Governor urged the children to come forward and educate their families, neighbourhood and society about the importance of energy efficiency. He said that energy played vital role in the development of nation and it was the responsibility of every citizen to conserve every bit of it.
“Our natural resources are limited and excessive use of these sources should be avoided and to be used in full discretion or sense”, he said.
He lauded the efforts of SJVNL and its contribution towards the society through various welfare activities especially the cause of energy conservation. He congratulated the children for exhibiting extraordinary talent and reaching the final level of the competition which would enable them to compete at national level.
Chief Vigilance Officer, SJVN Shyam Singh Negi honoured the Governor and said that power conservation was an important issue in the present context and we should utilize it with utmost care. He said that as many as 4,52,371 students from various schools from all over the State participated in the first level competition and SJVNL involved Education Directorate for inviting participation from government schools. About 100 students from various schools of the State participated in the competition.
General Manager A K Mukherji, M. L. Azad, Additional Director Elementary Education, Members of Jury, Students, staff and officers of SJVNL were present on the occasion.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun