Haryana declares July 31 as holiday
The Haryana Government on Monday announced public holiday on the martyrdom day of Shaheed Udham Singh on July 31 every year while his birth anniversary on December 26 would be observed as restricted holiday in the State.
Announcing this, Chief Minister Manohar Lal, while speaking at the 77th State level Shaheedi Mahasammelan to commemorate the martyrdom day of Shaheed Udham Singh in Sangar Sarista village of Sirsa district on Monday said that many freedom fighters sacrificed their lives for the freedom of the country and now, people should learn how to live for the young country to realise the dreams of the martyrs and empower the nation.
On the occasion, the Chief Minister announced sports stadium for the village and widening of road to the village from existing 5 metre to 7 meter, Rs 21 lakh for under construction Shaheed Udham Singh Dharamsala in Kurukshetra and Rs 21 lakh for construction of another Dharamshala in Dera Baba Bhuman Shah. Apart from this, upgradation of Ayurvedic hospital, 33 KV power plant and a concrete plan to solve the problem of water logging in 40 villages has been assured by the Chief Minister.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister Manohar Lal said that we cannot pay the debt to the martyrs but can go on the path shown by them and give them true devotion.
In order to liberate the country, there is a special contribution of the saints along with the martyrs who through their discourses created a sense of patriotism in the youth, said Manohar Lal.
He said that besides the citizens, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Beti Bacho Beti Padhao and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan had involved great contribution of sant samaj and social organisations.
The Chief Minister said that the main objective of his State Government is to make the society drug free and strengthen the poor sections for which the BJP Government is constantly working.
He said that during the 1,000 days of the tenure of the State Government, it has done the job of implementing welfare policies for every section of the society.
The people are being provided corruption-free governance and several welfare policies are being implemented. As many as 52 per cent of Chief Minister’s announcements have so far been executed and work is apace on the rest, he added.
Finance Minister Captain Abhimanyu, Transport and Housing Minister, Krishan Lal Panwar, Minister Karan Dev Kamboj, Rajya Sabha MP Subhash Chandra among others were present on the occasion.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar