Haryana Govt to honour 22 CWG medalists on April 26
The Manohar Lal Khattar Government in Haryana will honour all 22 medal winners of 21st Commonwealth Games in a function to be orgainsed here on April 26.
Every gold medal winner from Haryana will get cash award of Rs 1.5 crore, silver medal winner Rs 75 lakh and bronze medal winner Rs 50 lakh, said Chief Minister Manohar Lal while addressing a public meeting at village Siwah in Panipat.
Describing Haryana as a hub of sports, he said that Haryana is a small state having just two per cent population of the country, the players have brought laurels at national and international level with their performances.
Indian contingent finished third in the medal tally with a total of 66 medals in CWG, Haryana players especially the women led the medal tally for India with a total of 22 individual medals which is 33 per cent. It is a matter of great pleasure that Santosh Kumari, daughter of Siwah, haS brought laurels to the state and country by winning gold medal last year in All India Police Games, said he.
The Chief Minister said that Haryana is the only state in the country where cash award of Rs 6 crore is given for winning the gold medal in Olympics, Rs 4 crore for silver medal and Rs 2.5 crore for bronze medal. In addition, the players would be appointed as HCS and HPS officers as well as in other government jobs according to their achievements, he added.
Transport Minister Krishan Lal Panwar, MP Ashwani Chopra, MLAs Mahipal Dhanda, Rohita Rewari and Ravinder Macchrauli and others were also present on the occasion.
- Prefabricated schools buildings in Kanker dist 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NRDA seeks Rs 820 cr infra push for new capital city 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NTPC's Western Region-II HQ building soon 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Chhattisgarh East West Rail Corridor may complete by 2020 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Forest land diversion sought 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CRPF ASI martyred in encounter with Maoists 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Pug marks of leopard on water turf found in PTR 22 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mastermind Inter-School Quiz at MECON 22 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Displaced persons end hunger strike after DVC assurance 22 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- IRB jawan held for shooting colleague 22 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi