- Super Srikanth lifts Australian Open Super Series
- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Haryana notifies Anand Marriage Registration Rules
Allows Sikhs to register marriage under these norms instead of Hindu Marriage Act
Meeting a long-standing demand of the Sikh community in Haryana, the State Government here on Wednesday notified the ‘Haryana Anand Marriages Registration Rules, 2014’, allowing Sikhs to register their marriages under these rules instead of the Hindu Marriage Act.
However, the Haryana Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee termed it as damage control exercise by the Congress led state government for upcoming assembly elections in the state.
Though, the Anand Marriage Act was enacted in 1909 and it had already been implemented in the neighboring Punjab, yet in Haryana there was no provision for registration of such marriages, and were registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
There are more than 15 lakh Sikhs living in Sirsa, Ambala, Kurkushetra and Karnal districts of Haryana, who were facing lot of problems while registering their marriages under Hindu Marriage Act here.
People from the Sikh community, while welcoming the move added that now it would be helpful for those applicants especially, who are abroad and being Sikh by religion have their marriage registered under the Hindu Marriage Act. Sikh marriage ceremonies are known as ‘Anand Karaj’ (blissful event).
Through this notification, State government also authorized the officials to register such marriages as Tehsildar for rural areas, Joint Commissioner for Municipal Corporation, Executive Officers for the Municipal Committee and Secretary of Municipal Council in Urban areas as Registrar for registration of marriages under ‘Haryana Anand Marriages Registration Rules, 2014’, said a spokesman of state home department.
While giving details, he added that the Anand Marriage would be registered with the registrar within whose jurisdiction such marriage is solemnized and parties would have to prepare memorandum in duplicate and submit the same to the Registrar along with documents to prove the solemnization of the marriage to the satisfaction of the Registrar and registration fee of Rs 50 only within a period of 30 days from the date of solemnization of their marriage, provided that for registration of marriages solemnized before the commencement of these rules, memorandum would be submitted within a period of one year from the date of commencement of these rules.
The memorandum would be signed by both the parties to the marriage and at least two other persons who have witnessed the marriage, he added.He further added that the parties who have not registered their marriage within the period specified would get their marriage registered by submitting the memorandum to the Registrar and a declaration along with documents to prove the solemnization of the marriage to the satisfaction of the Registrar and Registration fee to Rs 200 only.
- Max Hospital initiates regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Medical education dept gears up for admissions under State quota 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Bagasse made plates, bowls better option for plastic and themocol’ 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon hospital’s dept suffers due to lack of radiologists 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- EC disqualifies Narottam Mishra 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- PCC chief slams Rawat Govt on 100-day eve 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rawat Govt’s 100 days in office with key achievements 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sports 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Youth dies in lightning in Keonjhar 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 33 DAV CSpur students get top NEET ranks 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar