- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Shot putter Inderjeet fails dope test; cries conspiracy
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home
- Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts of Kashmir
- Myntra acquires Jabong from Global Fashion Group
- Pak seeks independent probe into Wani's 'extrajudicial' killing
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Parrikar on missing AN-32
Haryana notifies Anand Marriage Registration Rules
Allows Sikhs to register marriage under these norms instead of Hindu Marriage Act
Meeting a long-standing demand of the Sikh community in Haryana, the State Government here on Wednesday notified the ‘Haryana Anand Marriages Registration Rules, 2014’, allowing Sikhs to register their marriages under these rules instead of the Hindu Marriage Act.
However, the Haryana Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee termed it as damage control exercise by the Congress led state government for upcoming assembly elections in the state.
Though, the Anand Marriage Act was enacted in 1909 and it had already been implemented in the neighboring Punjab, yet in Haryana there was no provision for registration of such marriages, and were registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
There are more than 15 lakh Sikhs living in Sirsa, Ambala, Kurkushetra and Karnal districts of Haryana, who were facing lot of problems while registering their marriages under Hindu Marriage Act here.
People from the Sikh community, while welcoming the move added that now it would be helpful for those applicants especially, who are abroad and being Sikh by religion have their marriage registered under the Hindu Marriage Act. Sikh marriage ceremonies are known as ‘Anand Karaj’ (blissful event).
Through this notification, State government also authorized the officials to register such marriages as Tehsildar for rural areas, Joint Commissioner for Municipal Corporation, Executive Officers for the Municipal Committee and Secretary of Municipal Council in Urban areas as Registrar for registration of marriages under ‘Haryana Anand Marriages Registration Rules, 2014’, said a spokesman of state home department.
While giving details, he added that the Anand Marriage would be registered with the registrar within whose jurisdiction such marriage is solemnized and parties would have to prepare memorandum in duplicate and submit the same to the Registrar along with documents to prove the solemnization of the marriage to the satisfaction of the Registrar and registration fee of Rs 50 only within a period of 30 days from the date of solemnization of their marriage, provided that for registration of marriages solemnized before the commencement of these rules, memorandum would be submitted within a period of one year from the date of commencement of these rules.
The memorandum would be signed by both the parties to the marriage and at least two other persons who have witnessed the marriage, he added.He further added that the parties who have not registered their marriage within the period specified would get their marriage registered by submitting the memorandum to the Registrar and a declaration along with documents to prove the solemnization of the marriage to the satisfaction of the Registrar and Registration fee to Rs 200 only.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana prepares a road maintenance policy 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- More transparency in public procurement in Haryana 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Kalpana Chawla Medical College 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- HP Govt approves investor friendly hydro policy 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Govt mulls panel to curb spread of whitefly pest in Punjab 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Bijli Nigam prepares bidding documents to bring transparency 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Congress is `behal’ : SP 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Protect your own country rather eyeing Kashmir : Azad tells Sharif 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- AIPEF to join day-long countrywide strike on September 2 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
This dream of (Pakistan’s) led to the division of their own country; Bangladesh was created. But Pakistan couldn’t take an inch of our land. They should protect what they have.
Getting a five-wicket haul away from sub-continent is something I have worked earnestly towards. and I am really pleased for myself.
Platitudes not backed by meaningful action ring hollow over time. History and the Afghan people will judge leaders of all parties to this conflict by their actual conduct.