- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Haryana notifies Anand Marriage Registration Rules
Allows Sikhs to register marriage under these norms instead of Hindu Marriage Act
Meeting a long-standing demand of the Sikh community in Haryana, the State Government here on Wednesday notified the ‘Haryana Anand Marriages Registration Rules, 2014’, allowing Sikhs to register their marriages under these rules instead of the Hindu Marriage Act.
However, the Haryana Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee termed it as damage control exercise by the Congress led state government for upcoming assembly elections in the state.
Though, the Anand Marriage Act was enacted in 1909 and it had already been implemented in the neighboring Punjab, yet in Haryana there was no provision for registration of such marriages, and were registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
There are more than 15 lakh Sikhs living in Sirsa, Ambala, Kurkushetra and Karnal districts of Haryana, who were facing lot of problems while registering their marriages under Hindu Marriage Act here.
People from the Sikh community, while welcoming the move added that now it would be helpful for those applicants especially, who are abroad and being Sikh by religion have their marriage registered under the Hindu Marriage Act. Sikh marriage ceremonies are known as ‘Anand Karaj’ (blissful event).
Through this notification, State government also authorized the officials to register such marriages as Tehsildar for rural areas, Joint Commissioner for Municipal Corporation, Executive Officers for the Municipal Committee and Secretary of Municipal Council in Urban areas as Registrar for registration of marriages under ‘Haryana Anand Marriages Registration Rules, 2014’, said a spokesman of state home department.
While giving details, he added that the Anand Marriage would be registered with the registrar within whose jurisdiction such marriage is solemnized and parties would have to prepare memorandum in duplicate and submit the same to the Registrar along with documents to prove the solemnization of the marriage to the satisfaction of the Registrar and registration fee of Rs 50 only within a period of 30 days from the date of solemnization of their marriage, provided that for registration of marriages solemnized before the commencement of these rules, memorandum would be submitted within a period of one year from the date of commencement of these rules.
The memorandum would be signed by both the parties to the marriage and at least two other persons who have witnessed the marriage, he added.He further added that the parties who have not registered their marriage within the period specified would get their marriage registered by submitting the memorandum to the Registrar and a declaration along with documents to prove the solemnization of the marriage to the satisfaction of the Registrar and Registration fee to Rs 200 only.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM asks supporters to keep off from SP first family’s dispute 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP calls organisation and state executive meeting 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Raj Babbar says Joshi’s exit would not hamper state Assembly polls 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maurya asked CM to remove his pictures from ration card 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Brothers brutally battered to death last night 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Hafiz Usman warns officials of Saharanpur Administration 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Paradip Fishing Harbour to be modernized 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- No fire safety in J’suguda DHH, dozen of pvt hosps 21 Oct 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- No B’ngir hosp has fire safety clearance 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!