- Don't muzzle Constitution: Cong on Naidu's decision to reject impeachment notice
- Metro girder collapses in Ghaziabad
- CJI, other judges sat at 10.45 AM to undertake court proceedings
- Swamy hails VP's decision rejecting impeachment notice
- Shiv Sena leader Sachin Sawant shot dead in Mumbai
- Venkaiah Naidu rejects impeachment notice against CJI
Haryana to give Rs1L for inter-caste marriages
Any couple opting for inter-caste marriage in Haryana will now get Rs1 lakh as cash reward against Rs50,000, which was given earlier. The State Government on Thursday decided to increase the cash reward under the inter-caste marriage scheme. The decision was taken at a meeting of the State-level Vigilance and Monitoring Committee held here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal.
The Chief Minister said that with the hike in the reward money, the number of inter-caste marriage would surely go up and help in removing caste discrimination. He said that such assistance should be provided through bank accounts under the Pradhanmantri Jan-Dhan Yojana. The department should work on how to make the process the shortest so that financial assistance can be provided to the beneficiaries without any delay.
Reviewing implementation of provisions of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe (POA) Act, the Chief Minister said that meetings of the district level vigilance and monitoring committees should be held on schedule, and directions in this regard should be issued to the Deputy Commissioners. In case of any type of atrocity, compensation should be given to the victim at first stage without any delay, and prompt action should be taken after the case is registered, he added.
Manohar Lal also directed officers of Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Department to prepare schemes for ameliorating the status of people belonging to weaker sections of the society by way of education, scholarships, skill development etc. The disbursement of compensation should be done online so that anyone can check the status
of application pending and funds allocated, he added. At the meeting, Finance Minister Capt Abhimanyu, suggested that online system should be introduced for submission of any type of application to the Department. It would ensure total transparency.
Speaking on the occasion, the Minister for Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes, Kavita Jain directed officers to ensure strict enforcement of provisions of the Act. Women police should also be deployed outside schools and colleges as a part of the safety measure, she added.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar