Haryana to set up Art & Cultural Univ
Haryana Government would set up an Art and Culture University (Kala Avm Sanskriti University) after the name of renowned poet of Haryana, Pt Lakhmi Chand.
The University would be set up at village Aterna, in Sonepat, for which the village panchayat has offered 50 acres land, said Education Minister Ram Bilas Sharma, while distributing the prizes in a Ragini competition organised in Sonepat.
The Minister said that in 50 years of Haryana, no one remembered Pt Lakhmi Chand. The present State Government took a step to realise his dreams and decided to establish university after his name which would act as a symbol for future generation regarding his contribution to the society, he said.
Sharma added that Bollywood actor from Haryana, Yashpal Sharma is also making a movie based on the life of Pt. Lakhmi Chand.
- Min reviews outcome of cooperative workshop 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Challenges await new police chief 22 Jul 2017 | MANOJ KUMAR | in Dehradun
- Now, Mahant Indiresh hospital can conduct swine flu test 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Patients face problem due to lack of radiologists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Meeting for Independence Day preparations held 22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- N America C‚Äôgarh Association membership growing rapidly 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Police nab four extremists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hospital train to provide medical services in Daltonganj 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Admin orders raids against shops to check sale of adulterated sweets 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CCL holds meeting of Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi