Health infrastructure to get a boost in Himachal
Health infrastructure in the hill State of Himachal Pradesh got a boost on Wednesday with Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh along-with Union Health Minister Jagat Prakash Nadda and State Health Minister Kaul Singh Thakur, laying down the foundation stone of several projects online from the State Capital.
The projects include Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, Chamba, Dr YS Parmar Medical College, Nahan, Maternal and Child Health Wing (MCHW) of YS Parmar Medical College, at Nahan, MCHW of GNM of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Govt. Medical College Tanda, MCHW of Civil Hospital, Nurpur, MCHW of Regional Hospital, Una, MCHW of Civil Hospital Sundernagar, MCHW Regional Hospital Bilaspur and that of District Hospital, Solan.
Besides these, the foundation stones of GNM Training School at Tanda Medical College, Tertiary Cancer Care Centre of Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Medical College and Hospital Mandi and Indoor Block Civil Hospital, Ghumarwin, Bilaspur were also laid.
The total cost to be incurred on two medical colleges at Chamba and Nahan is estimated to Rs 452 crore.
The purpose of establishing MCHW is to meet the health requirements during pregnancy. The wings will house operation theatres, labour rooms, ICUs, newborn care units and ante-natal and post natal blocks and early intervention centers for children.
Speaking at the function, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said a budget provision of 71 crore was available for providing 330 free medicines and consumables to the patients under Indira Gandhi Free Medicines Scheme in the State.
He said inoculation of Rubella measles was conducted on massive scale in the State with a target to inject the vaccine to 20 lakh children. As many as 13 lakh children have been injected so far with these vaccines in 13 days starting from 30 August.
- Sexual assault of 16-yr-old girl: Police nab miscreant 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- JNAU signs pact with Chiba University of Japan 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Advancing development of library practitioners 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Medical workshop to be organised today at AIIMS 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 25 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Dengue deaths rising: Civic body blamed for poor sanitation 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Work will be given to SHGs 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Famous artist from Gujarat displays art at Bharat Bhavan 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh burgled from Ratan Colony 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Play staged at State Tribal Museum 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal