- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
HP to be developed as eco-tourism destination: CM
Himachal Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Tuesday said that the State Government has identified 113 sites to be developed to make the state an eco-tourism destination, besides developing nature parks and herbal gardens.
Out of these sites, 5 sites have been given on PPP mode, 16 to the State Forest Department and 47 to HP the State Forest Corporation for starting eco-tourism activities at these sites, said the Chief Minister while inaugurating the two days international conference on ‘Eco-Tourism Potential in Himachal Pradesh’ organized at Manali in Kullu district.
He said that in addition, 25 new destinations would be developed by constructing log huts for stay of tourists in the lap of nature.
He said that three eco-tourism hubs would be developed during the current financial year. 10 places would be developed from adventure tourism point of view with the close coordination of Eco Tourism Society, Tourism Department and Mountaineering Institute, Manali.
31 eco-tourism circuits has been prepared and would be sent for approval to the Centre, said Thakur.
Eco-tourism activities not only associate people with the nature but it can also prove a major employment and self-employment generator for the youth of the state. Nature parks and herbal gardens were being developed in the state, said he.
The Chief Minister said that 50 Forest Rest Houses have been used to start eco-tourism activities in the state. Efforts would be made to link eco-tourism with the rural life, culture and traditions.
This would not only give boost to the unexplored and virgin tourist destinations of the state, but also help in increasing economic activities in the rural areas of Himachal, said he.
Thakur further said that Himachal Pradesh has immense potential to emerge as the best tourist destination of the world.
A new scheme ‘Nayae Rahaien, Nayae Manzilain’ is envisioned for the state to explore new tourist destinations in the state, said he.
He said that the government would make efforts to associate private players to invest in eco-tourism projects in the State.
The Chief Minister also presented a proposal of eco-tourism development in the state to the Union Minister KJ Alphons. He also released a souvenir brought out by the Eco-tourism Society of Himachal Pradesh and a souvenir of Roerich Art Museum.
Several MoUs for eco-tourism projects were signed on the occasion between different organizations and companies.
Earlier, the Chief Minister visited Nature Park at Babeli, in Kullu district and planted a sapling on the occasion.
Union Minister of State for Tourism Minister, KJ Alphons while speaking on the occasion said that the state has immense tourism potential which needs to be harnessed judiciously.
He said that every part of India is unique in itself and a real treasure house of surprises stored for tourists. Himachal Pradesh has immense potential for adventure and nature tourism. Private entrepreneurs should be involved in a big way to harness the immense tourism potential of the state, he added.
Noted International wrestler Daleep Singh Rana alias The Great Khali who is the brand ambassador of ‘Plastic Hatao’ Campaign, urged the people to say no to plastic for keeping our environment neat and clean.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun