- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Hry enacts Bovine Breeding Act for genetic improvement of bovines
Haryana Government has enacted the Haryana Bovine Breeding Act, 2018 for genetic improvement of bovines by regulating bovine breeding activities including use of breeding bulls for production, processing, storage, sale and distribution of bovine semen, and artificial insemination and any other breeding activity in bovines in the state.
An Authority would be constituted under the Act to be known as the Bovine Breeding Authority under the chairmanship of Director General, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, said an official spokesman.
He said that the headquarter of the Authority would be at the office of the Managing Director, Haryana Livestock Development Board. The Authority would formulate and implement the breeding policy and services in the state and regulate the production, storage, sale and use of semen or embryos produced within or outside the state or imported from any other country.
The Authority would also certify bovine breeding bulls used for natural breeding or service or for production of semen, which meet the standards, as may be prescribed. It would register semen stations as per the provisions of this Act, register semen banks to certify the trained AI workers for providing bovine breeding activities in the state through appropriate standard operative procedures to be laid down by the Authority, the spokesman said.
The State Government, in its budget 2018-19, has announced to implement a Rs 50 crore scheme to deal with the problem of stray cattle especially foreign and crossbred bovines. Under this scheme, 90 percent female calf would be produced in the veterinary institutes of the state through artificial insemination using sexed semen.
In line with government’s proposed scheme, Haryana Bovine Breeding Act, 2018 has been enacted.
The spokesman said that on and from the date of commencement of this Act, no person including any Firm, Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) , Company, Producer Company, Institution, NGO, Breeders' Association, Trust, Department of Central or State Government, Co-operative Society or any other agency, would establish and operate a semen station for production and storage of semen doses for artificial insemination or production and transfer of embryos without obtaining a certificate of registration from the Authority.
He said that any person who desires to establish and operate a new semen station would make an application for registration or renewal in such form along with prescribed fee.
The existing semen stations would apply to the Authority for grant of certificate of registration in form alongwith prescribed fee within three months from the date of commencement of this Act. They would also declare the current stock of semen along with such other details as may be required in the form.
The Authority would send a committee of experts to inspect a semen station as and when desired, but at least once in a year, to ensure compliance of the conditions specified in the certificate of registration.
The spokesman added that any person aggrieved by an order of the Authority refusing to grant or renew a certificate of registration or revoking or suspending the certificate of registration under the provisions of this Act, may file an appeal before the Appellate Authority, who would be the Administrative Secretary of the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun