- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
Hry to conduct mock exercise for earthquake preparedness
To increase earthquake preparedness capacity of the state, the Haryana Government has decided to conduct a state- level mega mock exercise simultaneously in all the districts on December 21 in coordination with National Disaster Management Authority.
The entire mega mock exercise would be videographed and its report would be sent to SDMA which would further send it to NDMA.
“Haryana Government has decided to follow the recommendations in the Sendai framework and adopt globally accepted best practices. The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction is an international document which was adopted by UN member states. Capacity development is a theme in all the thematic areas for action for disaster management,” said Additional Chief Secretary and Financial Commissioner, Revenue and Disaster Management Department, Keshni Anand Arora.
She said that in the Sendai Framework, 2015, the capacity development includes training programs, curriculum development, large-scale awareness creation efforts, and carrying out regular mock drills and disaster response exercises.
“In this direction, a state level mega mock exercise simultaneously in all districts of the state will be conducted on December 21, said Arora while speaking at an orientation conference with all the divisional commissioners, deputy commissioners, municipal commissioners and senior police functionaries through video conferencing organised in run up to the mega mock exercise here.
She directed all the deputy commissioners to make elaborate arrangements for the mega mock exercise in their respective districts and said that wide publicity of this exercise should be done so as prevent the spread of panic and other misunderstandings among the people. Apart from this, emergency operation centre (EOC) be set up in all districts and district disaster management plans be updated for the mock exercise.
Arora also asked them to involve all the private hospitals of their districts and set up relief camps.
Speaking on this occasion, Additional Chief Secretary, Home, SS Prasad emphasized the need of long-term planning for effectively dealing with the disasters. He directed the officers of Police Department to take up the Mega mock exercise on priority basis and make adequate arrangements for the same on time.
Secretary, Revenue and Disaster Management Department, Vijayendra Kumar said that this is for the first time that a state level mega mock exercise on earthquake is being simultaneously conducted in all districts to increase the earthquake preparedness capacity of the State.
He said that earlier, a mega mock exercise was carried out in the state in February 2013 for better understanding of the disaster management.
Apart from all the concerned departments, representatives of Military, Paramilitary Forces stationed in the districts, NGOs and other stakeholders would participate in the mega mock exercise, he added.
A co-ordination conference of all districts would be held on December 19 to take feedback on the action taken on various issues by the respective deputy commissioners whereas a table-top exercise would be conducted on December 20 to for the implementation of the final plan on the ground level.
Kumar asked the DCs to identify one site each of office building, residential complex, school building and shopping complex in their respective districts to carry out mega mock exercise.
Besides, he also asked them to update their EOCs, maps and communication system.
- ED attaches IAS officer‚Äôs assets in Ranchi, Udaipur, Bengaluru, Kolkata 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 10 decimal land sop to illegal settlers in towns 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man kills himself, wife, son over loan burden 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand Travel Mart to endorse State‚Äôs tourism prospects 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Pollution watchdog undergoes facelift 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Cabinet nod to form SC Panel 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NCW smells rat in gang rape case 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharcraft inks MoU with Banka Silk 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Youth power will make India world guru, says CM 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Centre okays setting up of Tribunal for settling Mahanadi water dispute 21 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur