Lavi fair concludes at Rampur
Presiding over the closing ceremony of International Lavi Fair at Rampur on Tuesday, Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said the fair had a long distinguished history and even before Independence of the country, it was a famous trade fair as Rampur was the old silk route of trade between India and Tibet.
He said it had been an important event from the bygone days when the fair was recognised because of its trade activities and even today it was celebrated as an important trade fair. He stressed upon preserving the age old culture and customs of the State and said that such fairs being celebrated all over the state were playing important role in promoting brotherhood and showcasing the rich traditional culture of Himachal Pradesh.
“Himachal was a land of numerous gods and goddesses and our day to day life revolves around them,” stated Singh, adding, “we should make earnest efforts to make such fairs a success as these play an important role in promoting fraternity and love”.
The Chief Minister later distributed prizes to the organisers of the exhibition.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun