- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Maternal Mortality Rate declines by 26 points in Hry : Vij
Haryana Health Minister, Anil Vij on Tuesday said that for the first time, the maternal mortality rate (MMR) has declined by 26 points and reduced to 101 per lakh live births in the State and elevating it to seventh rank in the country. Vij said that it is a matter of pride for the state that the MMR came down to 101 in 2016 from 127 in 2013 according the Sample Registration System 2014-2016, released on May1, 2018.
The MMR is 130 per lakh live births in the country. The state Health Department has set a target to bring MMR further down to 70 by 2030 so as to ensure safety of mothers, said the Minister.
He said that this year, institutional delivery has increased to about 92 percent. The pre-natal and post-natal care given to every pregnant woman in health institutions had improved considerably in the state, which has led to decline in MMR.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun