Motorcycles with valid PUC certificates at rally, Haryana tells NGT
The Haryana Government on Tuesday told the National Green Tribunal (NGT) that motorcycles which have valid pollution under control (PUC) certificates will be allowed to participate in BJP chief Amit Shah’s proposed rally in Jind on February 15.
One lakh motorcycles are expected to be mobilised during Shah’s rally.
The State Pollution Control Board told a Bench headed by Justice Raghuvendra S Rathore that preventive measures including deployment of volunteers have been advised to tackle noise and air pollution in Jind and motorcycles would not to be allowed to enter at the rally site and the vehicles will be parked at a sufficient distance.
“Respondent (State pollution control board) has already advised the Deputy Commissioner of Jind District to permit only those vehicles which have valid PUC Certificates to take part in the proposed rally,” it said.
The board stated the district administration has been advised to display special banners or hoardings at prominent sites, hot-spots and proposed rally venue to avoid blowing of vehicle horns.
The Board also said it was proposing to monitor ambient air quality and noise levels before and after the
rally on February 15 to ascertain the actual pollution during these days.
“To prevent air pollution from suspended dust particles, all the major/district roads as well as road crossing in and around of proposed rally area be required to be wetted by sprinkling of water by deploying tankers/water fogging machines for dust suppression,” Haryana State Pollution Control Board said.
The submissions were made in an affidavit filed in response to a plea seeking reduction in the number of bikes at the rally in Jind on pollution grounds. The NGT has now posted the matter for hearing on February 15 and sought replies of other organisations concerned.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun