NaMo’s 3D hologram rally in Shimla, Una today
After seeing a lull in campaigning with only two rallies of Central leaders of BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and that of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Himachal Pradesh is now all set to see a high octane campaign from Friday.
Modi will be holding 3D hologram rally at Shimla and Una on Friday at 7 pm and would address the gathering in around 10 places across the country from Gujarat. Earlier, the 3D rally was scheduled to be held on April 7, but was cancelled due to technical glitches.
At Una it will held Galua Chowk near bus stand while at Shimla it will be held at Chaura Maidan and party has planned to mobilise more than 2,000 people for both the rally. People were earlier disappointed with the cancellation of rallies.
“Screens have been installed and party workers are making all necessary arrangements for the success of 3D rallies,” said party spokesperson Praveen Sharma. The high-tech 3D rally of Modi was first witnessed during Gujarat Assembly elections in 2012 and caught the fancy of people.
Campaigning in Himachal Pradesh has not seen much hype and is largely focussed on allegations and counter allegations between Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal while real issues have taken a back seat.
On April 14, BJP State in-charge Balbir Punj will also hold party workers meet at Kangra after which he will address gathering along with former Union Minister and BJP veteran Shanta Kumar. On April 16, newly appointed state in-charge of Congress Rajiv Shukla will hold rally at Mandi along with Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife and Congress candidate Pratibha Singh.
All the Congress candidates for the four Lok Sabha seats will file their nominations in next seven days. Hamirpur candidate Rajinder Rana will file nomination papers on April 14, Shimla candidate Mohan Lal Brakta will file nomination papers on April 16 while Mandi candidate Pratibha Singh will file nomination papers on April 17 and later on the same day Kangra candidate Chander Kumar will also file his nomination paper.
On April 17, Yoga guru Baba Ramdev will campaign for Shanta Kumar the day when he will file his nomination papers. On April 18, Baba Ramdev will hold the rally at Chamba district in favour of Shanta Kumar.
BJP’s Anurag Thakur will file nomination papers on April 16 while rest of the three BJP candidates at Shimla, Kangra and Mandi will file nomination papers on April 17. Earlier, on February 16 Modi had held a rally at Sujanpur while on March 20, Rahul Gandhi had held the rally at Dharamshala and in their respective rallies both the leaders tried to rejuvenate the party workers.
- Two Hindi plays performed at Shaheed Bhavan 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Various events to mark 39th foundation day of MPSTDC 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 72 girls from MP to visit Wagah border 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Weekly review to improve in Board exam results soon: Kunwar Vijay Shah 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Congress mocks CM’s announcement of illegal mining ban on Narmada river 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ASTHA is a positive initiative by employee union: SBI Chief 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM reviews ongoing projects through video conference 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‘More awareness campaigns needed for youth on traffic rules’ 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Congress leaders conduct online survey for tickets 23 May 2017 | Zafar Alam Khan | in Bhopal
- Farmer suicides are continuing: Sanjay Nirupam 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur