- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
NaMo’s 3D hologram rally in Shimla, Una today
After seeing a lull in campaigning with only two rallies of Central leaders of BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and that of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Himachal Pradesh is now all set to see a high octane campaign from Friday.
Modi will be holding 3D hologram rally at Shimla and Una on Friday at 7 pm and would address the gathering in around 10 places across the country from Gujarat. Earlier, the 3D rally was scheduled to be held on April 7, but was cancelled due to technical glitches.
At Una it will held Galua Chowk near bus stand while at Shimla it will be held at Chaura Maidan and party has planned to mobilise more than 2,000 people for both the rally. People were earlier disappointed with the cancellation of rallies.
“Screens have been installed and party workers are making all necessary arrangements for the success of 3D rallies,” said party spokesperson Praveen Sharma. The high-tech 3D rally of Modi was first witnessed during Gujarat Assembly elections in 2012 and caught the fancy of people.
Campaigning in Himachal Pradesh has not seen much hype and is largely focussed on allegations and counter allegations between Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal while real issues have taken a back seat.
On April 14, BJP State in-charge Balbir Punj will also hold party workers meet at Kangra after which he will address gathering along with former Union Minister and BJP veteran Shanta Kumar. On April 16, newly appointed state in-charge of Congress Rajiv Shukla will hold rally at Mandi along with Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife and Congress candidate Pratibha Singh.
All the Congress candidates for the four Lok Sabha seats will file their nominations in next seven days. Hamirpur candidate Rajinder Rana will file nomination papers on April 14, Shimla candidate Mohan Lal Brakta will file nomination papers on April 16 while Mandi candidate Pratibha Singh will file nomination papers on April 17 and later on the same day Kangra candidate Chander Kumar will also file his nomination paper.
On April 17, Yoga guru Baba Ramdev will campaign for Shanta Kumar the day when he will file his nomination papers. On April 18, Baba Ramdev will hold the rally at Chamba district in favour of Shanta Kumar.
BJP’s Anurag Thakur will file nomination papers on April 16 while rest of the three BJP candidates at Shimla, Kangra and Mandi will file nomination papers on April 17. Earlier, on February 16 Modi had held a rally at Sujanpur while on March 20, Rahul Gandhi had held the rally at Dharamshala and in their respective rallies both the leaders tried to rejuvenate the party workers.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CBI grills villagers in Pherupur rape case 29 Jul 2016 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Tribute to the ‘birdman of India’ 29 Jul 2016 | Jaskiran Chopra | in Dehradun
- AAP to provide tickets to only aam aadmi 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- All link roads in Punjab to get a facelift: Sukhbir 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- CM convenes all party meeting tomorrow 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Delhi CM’s remarks on PM undignified, says Badal 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana to set up de-addiction centres in jails 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Rape survivor protests against Govt's apathy 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Badal acquired land for SYL construction 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- AAI faces HC wrath over delay in Internat’l Airport 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
If we were to think India-Australia relations can only be done at Government levels, we will be missing major opportunities.
There is excitement for the film (Munna Bhai-3). I do my job, I don't take stress. The more stress you take the more worse you get.
America is already great. It is already strong. And I promise you, our strength, our greatness does not depend on Donald Trump.