- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
NaMo’s 3D hologram rally in Shimla, Una today
After seeing a lull in campaigning with only two rallies of Central leaders of BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and that of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Himachal Pradesh is now all set to see a high octane campaign from Friday.
Modi will be holding 3D hologram rally at Shimla and Una on Friday at 7 pm and would address the gathering in around 10 places across the country from Gujarat. Earlier, the 3D rally was scheduled to be held on April 7, but was cancelled due to technical glitches.
At Una it will held Galua Chowk near bus stand while at Shimla it will be held at Chaura Maidan and party has planned to mobilise more than 2,000 people for both the rally. People were earlier disappointed with the cancellation of rallies.
“Screens have been installed and party workers are making all necessary arrangements for the success of 3D rallies,” said party spokesperson Praveen Sharma. The high-tech 3D rally of Modi was first witnessed during Gujarat Assembly elections in 2012 and caught the fancy of people.
Campaigning in Himachal Pradesh has not seen much hype and is largely focussed on allegations and counter allegations between Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal while real issues have taken a back seat.
On April 14, BJP State in-charge Balbir Punj will also hold party workers meet at Kangra after which he will address gathering along with former Union Minister and BJP veteran Shanta Kumar. On April 16, newly appointed state in-charge of Congress Rajiv Shukla will hold rally at Mandi along with Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife and Congress candidate Pratibha Singh.
All the Congress candidates for the four Lok Sabha seats will file their nominations in next seven days. Hamirpur candidate Rajinder Rana will file nomination papers on April 14, Shimla candidate Mohan Lal Brakta will file nomination papers on April 16 while Mandi candidate Pratibha Singh will file nomination papers on April 17 and later on the same day Kangra candidate Chander Kumar will also file his nomination paper.
On April 17, Yoga guru Baba Ramdev will campaign for Shanta Kumar the day when he will file his nomination papers. On April 18, Baba Ramdev will hold the rally at Chamba district in favour of Shanta Kumar.
BJP’s Anurag Thakur will file nomination papers on April 16 while rest of the three BJP candidates at Shimla, Kangra and Mandi will file nomination papers on April 17. Earlier, on February 16 Modi had held a rally at Sujanpur while on March 20, Rahul Gandhi had held the rally at Dharamshala and in their respective rallies both the leaders tried to rejuvenate the party workers.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Smart classrooms for 25 Govt schools 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Community policing programme held for youth 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Raipur
- 28 Raipur villages to get clean, safe drinking water 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NTPC to seek insurance cover for transformer package 30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- PCC chief assures victory of party in Panchayat polls 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PhD holders for guest postings like Delhi, Haryana 30 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Dehradun
- Theft on Srinagar-Bughani road; jewellery worth about `3L seized 30 Nov 2015 | GP Semwal | in Dehradun
- Pauri dist SP orders to solve pending crime cases soon 30 Nov 2015 | GP Semwal | in Dehradun
- Various competitions held on second day of Utsav-15 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt to preserve ancient manuscripts, scriptures 30 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Dehradun
29 Nov 2015 | Kushan Mitra
Earlier in November, the Presidents of People’s Republic of China and Republic of China shook hands in Singapore — the first meeting of the protagonists of the Chinese Civil War in 66 years. The Republic of China, or Taiwan as most people know the country, is on the verge of a new election, and is also considering where its place is in the world...
I don't know why there is so much hype about the pitch. People sitting in other countries are talking of Indian pitches.
Smita Patil was a chameleon. She could be a part of the story without your thinking about it.
Europe cannot accept all the refugees coming from Syria. That's why we need a diplomatic, military and political solution.