Nature Museum cum Learning Centre opened at Morni Fort
Haryana Government has opened a Nature Museum cum Learning Centre constructed at a cost of over Rs one crore at Morni Fort in Panchkula.
Forests and Public Works (Building and Roads) Minister, Rao Narbir Singh on Tuesday inaugurated the Centre and also, laid the foundation stone of several projects for the area.
Besides, he inaugurated Maharishi Patanjali Gate of World Herbal Forest being developed in Khedi Bagda, Vishva Aushdhiya Van Bel Vatika in Mandhna and Kamaltas Park in Seelo. He laid the foundation stone of Lal Muniya Rest House to be constructed at a cost of Rs 2.25 crore.
Rao Narbir also visited the newly constructed Nature Museum cum Learning Centre and went around the exhibition put up there highlighting the adverse effect of climate change. He said the Morni Fort has been developed as a centre of excellence for carrying out study on nature. He said that he would take the matter with the Education Minister Ram Bilas Sharma so that the students of other parts of the state could also be taken for a special visit to this Centre.
On the occasion, the Minister of State for Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Karan Dev Kamboj said that there is a need to make aware our young generation about the significance of forest and their conservation.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun