- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
NSS units to be started at all colleges in Hry
In a bid to further instill the sense of service among students, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Monday announced that National Service Scheme (NSS) units would be started in all government and non-government (Aided) colleges of the state from the current academic session.
He also announced that ten NSS volunteers, three Programme Officers (POs), one NSS Programme Coordinator of University and one district level Programme Coordinator would be honoured with state awards on the pattern of national awards for their outstanding contribution in the field of NSS.
Manohar Lal who was speaking at NSS Samman Samaroh organized at Haryana Raj Bhawan here also announced that now state NSS camps would also be organized for student volunteers of upto class XII.
On the occasion, Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki and Chief Minister honoured the Indira Gandhi NSS Awardees and Programme Officer of the state for the year 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17, and Republic Day Parade Awardees and Programme Officers for the year 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18. In all, 36 Indira Gandhi and Republic Day Parade awardees and Programme Officers were honoured.
While congratulating the NSS awardees of the state for their outstanding performance at the national Level, the Chief Minister said that NSS is associated with a word called volunteer.
He said that voluntary work is the work done without any consideration or expecting something from others. To serve the other voluntarily has been the tradition of our country since the ancient times, he added.
The Chief Minister said that about 40 lakh volunteers in the country are serving the society through NSS and the number of such volunteers in Haryana is about 1.25 lakh.
While referring to the ambulance service of Jerusalem is Israel, Manohar Lal said that a NGO has prepared a system to provide emergency medical services through Ambu-Bike. A dedicated group of trained volunteers are ready to provide emergency medical aid using latest technology reach within 90 second of the call made by any distressed citizen residing in Israel any time 24x7, said he.
Speaking on this occasion, Governor, Kaptan Singh Solanki said that though Haryana is comparatively a small state having only two per cent of the country’s population, yet it is a leading state in many spheres.
He said that it is a matter of pride that out of the 200 NSS volunteers that took part in the Republic Day Parade-2018 in New Delhi from different parts of the country, eight were from Haryana.
He exhorted the students to take pledge to make selfless service to the society besides pursuing their academic career. This, he said, would not only help in their personal development but also be beneficial for the society.
While hailing the announcement of the Chief Ministerl to start NSS units in all government and non-government (aided) colleges in the state, the Governor said that it would help in realizing the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of ‘Ek Bharat Sharesth Bahart’. He also urged the NSS volunteers to work keeping in with the spirit of ‘Haryana Ek Haryanvi Ek’ to ensure the holistic development of the state.
Additional Chief Secretary, Higher Education, Jyoti Arora said that out of the 40 lakh NSS volunteers from across the country, only 30 volunteers are honoured with national awards for their outstanding performance in the field of NSS. She hoped that the NSS volunteers of the state would continue bringing laurels to the state and country with their performance.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun