- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Online grievance redressal system launched
Airing your grievances and complaints against Punjab Government would be a click away with the State Government on Wednesday launching a 24x7x365 grievance redressal portal for general public.
Punjab has become the first State in the country to provide an online redressal of complaints, the portal would enable the general public to register their complaints regarding non-delivery or delayed service, and even to submit their suggestions to improve the Government’s service delivery system.
“The State Government has gone for online portal for redressal of complaints as it is difficult to keep track of status of written complaints received from the people. I feel it is a step towards ensuring efficient and effective public delivery system,” said Punjab Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh, while launching the portal.
Singh said that the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has suggested online system for keeping a tab on status of complaints submitted by the general public.
“Traditional method of written complaints is cumbersome as it involved forwarding of complaints to the concerned department and acknowledging the receipt of complaint to the complainant,” he said.
PB-PGRAMS — Punjab Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System — would provide 24x7x365 web-based system — http://shikayatnivaranpb.gov.in or http://publicgrievancepb.gov.in — available to one and all for lodging grievances to the State.
Besides, it would provide a platform for Punjab administrators and officers to act upon the issues raised by the citizens or forward the same to other levels. The portal would also provide a transparent system to the public which enables them to know the exact status and the actions taken at various levels to redress their grievances.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Akhilesh becomes stronger than earlier despite Family feud 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Prajapati may be reinducted in cabinet 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh praises for Media 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Focus on prevention of terror attacks says Maya 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mishra concerned over decline in Brahmin MPs in Lok Sabha 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rahul to start Kisan yatra’s second leg from Sitapur on Monday 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Cameras on highways to catch speeding motorists 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong plans visiting every house against BJD, BJP 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Weeklyroundups 26 Sep 2016 | BAIDYANATH MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- AAP claims to emerge alternative in Odisha 26 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Those who think they can keep Pakistan together by attacking other cultures with jihadist extremism, should visit Dhaka.
The Hindu community has made fantastic contributions to world civilisation and to American culture.
If it wasn't for Arnold Palmer, golf wouldn't be as popular as it is now. He was the one who brought it to the forefront.