- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Online grievance redressal system launched
Airing your grievances and complaints against Punjab Government would be a click away with the State Government on Wednesday launching a 24x7x365 grievance redressal portal for general public.
Punjab has become the first State in the country to provide an online redressal of complaints, the portal would enable the general public to register their complaints regarding non-delivery or delayed service, and even to submit their suggestions to improve the Government’s service delivery system.
“The State Government has gone for online portal for redressal of complaints as it is difficult to keep track of status of written complaints received from the people. I feel it is a step towards ensuring efficient and effective public delivery system,” said Punjab Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh, while launching the portal.
Singh said that the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has suggested online system for keeping a tab on status of complaints submitted by the general public.
“Traditional method of written complaints is cumbersome as it involved forwarding of complaints to the concerned department and acknowledging the receipt of complaint to the complainant,” he said.
PB-PGRAMS — Punjab Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System — would provide 24x7x365 web-based system — http://shikayatnivaranpb.gov.in or http://publicgrievancepb.gov.in — available to one and all for lodging grievances to the State.
Besides, it would provide a platform for Punjab administrators and officers to act upon the issues raised by the citizens or forward the same to other levels. The portal would also provide a transparent system to the public which enables them to know the exact status and the actions taken at various levels to redress their grievances.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Survey exposes poor state of farmers in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weekly roundups 25 Jul 2016 | BAIDYANATH MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists call Kandhamal, R’gada bandh today 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3 new battalions to tackle Maoists 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NCST report on K’mal killings 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre asks for non-coal mining pollution report 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- OSPCB slaps closure notice on 10 Puri hotels 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NHRC directs personal appearance of Health Secy 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 BJP leaders ousted from city unit 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Dengue toll rises to five in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The Modi Government is not concerned about the people of Kashmir as he was not present either in the Lok Sabha or the Rajya Sabha when the issue was discussed.
I just enjoy what I do, I don't really strive for perfection, I don't feel pressurised by the competition.
In preventive diplomacy and resolution of conflict, the UN’s role is to put people together. Hopefully, we will resolve this (Kashmir) conflict.