- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Online grievance redressal system launched
Airing your grievances and complaints against Punjab Government would be a click away with the State Government on Wednesday launching a 24x7x365 grievance redressal portal for general public.
Punjab has become the first State in the country to provide an online redressal of complaints, the portal would enable the general public to register their complaints regarding non-delivery or delayed service, and even to submit their suggestions to improve the Government’s service delivery system.
“The State Government has gone for online portal for redressal of complaints as it is difficult to keep track of status of written complaints received from the people. I feel it is a step towards ensuring efficient and effective public delivery system,” said Punjab Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh, while launching the portal.
Singh said that the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has suggested online system for keeping a tab on status of complaints submitted by the general public.
“Traditional method of written complaints is cumbersome as it involved forwarding of complaints to the concerned department and acknowledging the receipt of complaint to the complainant,” he said.
PB-PGRAMS — Punjab Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System — would provide 24x7x365 web-based system — http://shikayatnivaranpb.gov.in or http://publicgrievancepb.gov.in — available to one and all for lodging grievances to the State.
Besides, it would provide a platform for Punjab administrators and officers to act upon the issues raised by the citizens or forward the same to other levels. The portal would also provide a transparent system to the public which enables them to know the exact status and the actions taken at various levels to redress their grievances.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- EC makes elaborate security arrangements for forth phase of UP Polls 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Party belongs to MSY says Azamgarh SP chief 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Will not campaign for Congress: Shivpal 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Elect BJP to wave off loan of farmers: Uma Bharti 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM Modi likely to address rally in Amethi 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BSP slams BJP, SP and Congress 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- People Supporting SP-Cong alliance in big way: Lalu Yadav 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- DPR soon for broad guage rly track 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- DMC to treat, reuse waste water in Durg 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- DPSR holds model ‘Youth Parliament’ 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
It is shocking to know that anti-national and anti-social elements are preferred over the martyrs by the (State) Government.
When I was flying to New York recently I was wearing a headscarf. I was racially profiled at the airport for the first time.
President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Modi together are the worst enemies of terrorists. The two are committed nationalists.