- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Online grievance redressal system launched
Airing your grievances and complaints against Punjab Government would be a click away with the State Government on Wednesday launching a 24x7x365 grievance redressal portal for general public.
Punjab has become the first State in the country to provide an online redressal of complaints, the portal would enable the general public to register their complaints regarding non-delivery or delayed service, and even to submit their suggestions to improve the Government’s service delivery system.
“The State Government has gone for online portal for redressal of complaints as it is difficult to keep track of status of written complaints received from the people. I feel it is a step towards ensuring efficient and effective public delivery system,” said Punjab Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh, while launching the portal.
Singh said that the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has suggested online system for keeping a tab on status of complaints submitted by the general public.
“Traditional method of written complaints is cumbersome as it involved forwarding of complaints to the concerned department and acknowledging the receipt of complaint to the complainant,” he said.
PB-PGRAMS — Punjab Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System — would provide 24x7x365 web-based system — http://shikayatnivaranpb.gov.in or http://publicgrievancepb.gov.in — available to one and all for lodging grievances to the State.
Besides, it would provide a platform for Punjab administrators and officers to act upon the issues raised by the citizens or forward the same to other levels. The portal would also provide a transparent system to the public which enables them to know the exact status and the actions taken at various levels to redress their grievances.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- No salary for 3 months, DMC docs threaten stir 01 Jun 2016 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun
- Workshop marks World Tobacco Day at DMC 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- New DGP takes a road different from his predecessors 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Scientists should make 2 models every yr’ 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Report on Panchayati Raj institutions submitted 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Summer camp for Army personnels’ children ends 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CS led meeting on employment generation held at Secretariat 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex-MP Tamta files papers for next RS poll 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Haridwar Army officer dies in Maharashtra fire incident 01 Jun 2016 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- Eight farmer groups pay off loan, are now proud apple orchard owners 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
If authorities do not act against the comedian who has disrespected our national icons, the MNS will deal with him.
I like Salman Khan's company; I hope he likes mine too. If Sultan had somebody else, I wouldn't have done it.
Samajwadi Party's attempt to form an alliance with the RLD shows that it is not confident of coming to power again in Uttar Pradesh.