- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Online grievance redressal system launched
Airing your grievances and complaints against Punjab Government would be a click away with the State Government on Wednesday launching a 24x7x365 grievance redressal portal for general public.
Punjab has become the first State in the country to provide an online redressal of complaints, the portal would enable the general public to register their complaints regarding non-delivery or delayed service, and even to submit their suggestions to improve the Government’s service delivery system.
“The State Government has gone for online portal for redressal of complaints as it is difficult to keep track of status of written complaints received from the people. I feel it is a step towards ensuring efficient and effective public delivery system,” said Punjab Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh, while launching the portal.
Singh said that the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has suggested online system for keeping a tab on status of complaints submitted by the general public.
“Traditional method of written complaints is cumbersome as it involved forwarding of complaints to the concerned department and acknowledging the receipt of complaint to the complainant,” he said.
PB-PGRAMS — Punjab Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System — would provide 24x7x365 web-based system — http://shikayatnivaranpb.gov.in or http://publicgrievancepb.gov.in — available to one and all for lodging grievances to the State.
Besides, it would provide a platform for Punjab administrators and officers to act upon the issues raised by the citizens or forward the same to other levels. The portal would also provide a transparent system to the public which enables them to know the exact status and the actions taken at various levels to redress their grievances.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Akhilesh Yadav to be chief minister’s face of SP 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Immature young leaders should behave and refrain from irresponsible behavior: Khan 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Govt to distribute plates and glasses having CM's pic 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Amit shah to hold maharally at Etawah 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Health condition deteriorates as 200 deaths reported due to dengue 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Tremor felt within congress due to strong differences among senior leaders 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Finally, 44 PWDs posted as college lecturers 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Land rights key to rural women empowerment’ 22 Oct 2016 | TARINI PRASAD PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Child marriage victim rescued in Brahmapur 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM to provide assistance of 5 lakhs to family of police martyrs 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!