Online grievance redressal system launched
Airing your grievances and complaints against Punjab Government would be a click away with the State Government on Wednesday launching a 24x7x365 grievance redressal portal for general public.
Punjab has become the first State in the country to provide an online redressal of complaints, the portal would enable the general public to register their complaints regarding non-delivery or delayed service, and even to submit their suggestions to improve the Government’s service delivery system.
“The State Government has gone for online portal for redressal of complaints as it is difficult to keep track of status of written complaints received from the people. I feel it is a step towards ensuring efficient and effective public delivery system,” said Punjab Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh, while launching the portal.
Singh said that the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has suggested online system for keeping a tab on status of complaints submitted by the general public.
“Traditional method of written complaints is cumbersome as it involved forwarding of complaints to the concerned department and acknowledging the receipt of complaint to the complainant,” he said.
PB-PGRAMS — Punjab Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System — would provide 24x7x365 web-based system — http://shikayatnivaranpb.gov.in or http://publicgrievancepb.gov.in — available to one and all for lodging grievances to the State.
Besides, it would provide a platform for Punjab administrators and officers to act upon the issues raised by the citizens or forward the same to other levels. The portal would also provide a transparent system to the public which enables them to know the exact status and the actions taken at various levels to redress their grievances.
- Car hits tree at Bokaro road: Three killed 27 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- I will welcome constructive criticism: Dr Sharan 27 May 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Naxals torch rly station in Bokaro 27 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Bridging rich-poor gap biggest challenge: CM 27 May 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | in Ranchi
- ‘Go Rurban’ social event organised for youth in city 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‘Limelight’ movie screened at Charlie Chaplin Film Fest 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Painting exhibition ‘Sparsh’ organised at Swaraj Art Gallery 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Cops nab three person for producing fake Rly job letter 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Poverty to Prosperity event for tribal women 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Theatre group organises Kathak workshop 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal