- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Online grievance redressal system launched
Airing your grievances and complaints against Punjab Government would be a click away with the State Government on Wednesday launching a 24x7x365 grievance redressal portal for general public.
Punjab has become the first State in the country to provide an online redressal of complaints, the portal would enable the general public to register their complaints regarding non-delivery or delayed service, and even to submit their suggestions to improve the Government’s service delivery system.
“The State Government has gone for online portal for redressal of complaints as it is difficult to keep track of status of written complaints received from the people. I feel it is a step towards ensuring efficient and effective public delivery system,” said Punjab Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh, while launching the portal.
Singh said that the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has suggested online system for keeping a tab on status of complaints submitted by the general public.
“Traditional method of written complaints is cumbersome as it involved forwarding of complaints to the concerned department and acknowledging the receipt of complaint to the complainant,” he said.
PB-PGRAMS — Punjab Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System — would provide 24x7x365 web-based system — http://shikayatnivaranpb.gov.in or http://publicgrievancepb.gov.in — available to one and all for lodging grievances to the State.
Besides, it would provide a platform for Punjab administrators and officers to act upon the issues raised by the citizens or forward the same to other levels. The portal would also provide a transparent system to the public which enables them to know the exact status and the actions taken at various levels to redress their grievances.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Students need not to submit their original docu 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Govt, Unicef organises exhibition in Sehore 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Congress ruled country with insensitiveness: BJP 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raisen police nabs three miscreants 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tiranga Yatra will be taken out on the eve of Republic Day 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Gold jewelry, cash burgled worth Rs 2K 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police nabs man for providing forged documents to accused 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Micro nutrients can prevent diseases: Health Secy 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Extension for Bastar, Surguja job reservation 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CRPF’s sniffer dog ‘Pluto’ martyred in IED blast 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
The person concerned (Arvind Kejriwal) should have thought on the statements. Everybody is bound by regulations.
The Congress was behind getting casinos to Goa. It is also the father of illegal mining scam in the state of Goa.
I have never been star struck in my life, but only for Jackie Chan. I touched his feet out of respect. I am his crazy and ardent fan.