- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Panipat gets first Mayor
Bhupinder Singh has become the first Mayor of Municipal Corporation of Panipat in an election held on Wednesday.
Congress backed candidates had won four seats of Mayor at Rohtak, Ambala, Yamunanagar and Hisar on July 2. In Karnal, an independent backed by Haryana Janhit Congress became the Mayor. The first woman of Scheduled Caste, Renu Dabla, had been unanimously elected as Mayor of Rohtak. Congress supported candidate Ramesh Mal was elected as new Mayor of Ambala Municipal Corporation after 13 of 20 members voted in his favour. Congress backed Shakuntala Rajaliwala had been elected new Mayor for Hisar and Saroj Bala was elected Mayor of Yamunanagar. In Karnal, Renu Bal Gupta, backed by Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) was selected as Mayor.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana receives investment worth `6.41L cr 28 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 28 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- EC launches electoral roll purification programme 28 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Workshop on Skilling & Employment for PwDs 28 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Pak leadership vying to inflame hate-India drive, says BJP leader 28 Jul 2016 | Kishori Lal | in Chandigarh
- Himachal Tourism to introduce Hotel Management Software 28 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now, sisters can tie rakhis on imprisoned brothers 28 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Where is Saraswati? ‘Abandoned’ villagers ask Khattar Govt 28 Jul 2016 | Nishu Mahajan | in Chandigarh
- Capt’s resignation threat a ‘political gimmick’: Badal 28 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘AAP ignorant of legal, constitutional niceties’ 28 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
If we were to think India-Australia relations can only be done at Government levels, we will be missing major opportunities.
There is excitement for the film (Munna Bhai-3). I do my job, I don't take stress. The more stress you take the more worse you get.
America is already great. It is already strong. And I promise you, our strength, our greatness does not depend on Donald Trump.