- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Panipat gets first Mayor
Bhupinder Singh has become the first Mayor of Municipal Corporation of Panipat in an election held on Wednesday.
Congress backed candidates had won four seats of Mayor at Rohtak, Ambala, Yamunanagar and Hisar on July 2. In Karnal, an independent backed by Haryana Janhit Congress became the Mayor. The first woman of Scheduled Caste, Renu Dabla, had been unanimously elected as Mayor of Rohtak. Congress supported candidate Ramesh Mal was elected as new Mayor of Ambala Municipal Corporation after 13 of 20 members voted in his favour. Congress backed Shakuntala Rajaliwala had been elected new Mayor for Hisar and Saroj Bala was elected Mayor of Yamunanagar. In Karnal, Renu Bal Gupta, backed by Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) was selected as Mayor.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Akhilesh Yadav to be chief minister’s face of SP 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Immature young leaders should behave and refrain from irresponsible behavior: Khan 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Govt to distribute plates and glasses having CM's pic 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Amit shah to hold maharally at Etawah 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Health condition deteriorates as 200 deaths reported due to dengue 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Tremor felt within congress due to strong differences among senior leaders 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Finally, 44 PWDs posted as college lecturers 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Land rights key to rural women empowerment’ 22 Oct 2016 | TARINI PRASAD PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Child marriage victim rescued in Brahmapur 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM to provide assistance of 5 lakhs to family of police martyrs 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!