- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Panipat gets first Mayor
Bhupinder Singh has become the first Mayor of Municipal Corporation of Panipat in an election held on Wednesday.
Congress backed candidates had won four seats of Mayor at Rohtak, Ambala, Yamunanagar and Hisar on July 2. In Karnal, an independent backed by Haryana Janhit Congress became the Mayor. The first woman of Scheduled Caste, Renu Dabla, had been unanimously elected as Mayor of Rohtak. Congress supported candidate Ramesh Mal was elected as new Mayor of Ambala Municipal Corporation after 13 of 20 members voted in his favour. Congress backed Shakuntala Rajaliwala had been elected new Mayor for Hisar and Saroj Bala was elected Mayor of Yamunanagar. In Karnal, Renu Bal Gupta, backed by Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) was selected as Mayor.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Some bureaucrats dancing to the tune of opposition : CM 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Speaker orders forceful eviction of opposition from House 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM tabled first supplementary grants for current fiscal 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ansari ruled out possibilities of QED merger into SP 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CAG slammed state government for the gender bias 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Constable kills colleague before ending his own life 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Chandigarh to remain capital issue in Punjab polls 24 Aug 2016 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Haryana gears up to welcome Sakshi 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Chaos in HP Assembly on ‘fresh revelations’ against CM 24 Aug 2016 | IANS | in Chandigarh
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
All his artificial love which he (Arvind Kejriwal) is professing for Goans, is buried in his ambitious plan of looting and eradicating the Goan identity.
We need to stop getting taxed as much we do. Hollywood films aren't as taxed as Indian films which are bleeding.
We strongly support all efforts between India and Pakistan that can contribute to a more stable and prosperous region.