- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Panipat gets first Mayor
Bhupinder Singh has become the first Mayor of Municipal Corporation of Panipat in an election held on Wednesday.
Congress backed candidates had won four seats of Mayor at Rohtak, Ambala, Yamunanagar and Hisar on July 2. In Karnal, an independent backed by Haryana Janhit Congress became the Mayor. The first woman of Scheduled Caste, Renu Dabla, had been unanimously elected as Mayor of Rohtak. Congress supported candidate Ramesh Mal was elected as new Mayor of Ambala Municipal Corporation after 13 of 20 members voted in his favour. Congress backed Shakuntala Rajaliwala had been elected new Mayor for Hisar and Saroj Bala was elected Mayor of Yamunanagar. In Karnal, Renu Bal Gupta, backed by Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) was selected as Mayor.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- ‘Sharecroppers in dire straits in State’ 24 May 2016 | SEFALI SUMAN | in Bhubaneswar
- A Govt job would further propel me to bring laurels for my State 24 May 2016 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Deletion of ‘Gram Sabha’ words dilutes PESA rights’ 24 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Narrow escape for tourists near Dhauli 24 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SP demands withdrawal of toll fee 24 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nalco signs MoU for biz tie-up in Iran 24 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Hiked entry fee effected at Konark temple 24 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Ordinary bus fare hiked by 1paise 24 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Plus II admission process begins 24 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Telangana leaders back Kosal State protest 24 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
It's a job of historians to ask questions and explain, but every leader makes very difficult decisions, particularly during war time.
BJP's win in a Malda constituency in Bengal shows there can be consolidation against anti-national elements.
Chabahar port deal enables us quick movement of goods, first to Iran and then onwards to Afghanistan and Russia by rail.