- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
PPCB announces Rs 1 lakh award for info on pollutants
Punjab Pollution Control Board on Tuesday announced to give Rs 1 lakh cash award to any individual or institution giving information regarding any industry discharging its effluent in ground-water through borewell.
“Maintaining the sanctity of ground-water is the responsibility of every individual...The Board is committed to give clean environment and doing its utmost to improve the quality of air and water and has decided to act strict if any industry is found discharging its effluent in the ground-water,” said the Board Chairman Kahan Singh Pannu.
Pannu said that though no such incident has been reported yet by the Board’s inspecting teams, “to bring out the black sheep, it has been decided to give Rs 1 lakh cash award to any individual or institution giving the information that this particular industry is discharging its effluent in the ground water through borewell”.
He made it clear that the identity of the person, giving lead to such black sheep, will be kept a top secret.
“The groundwater is gift of nature to humanity and is lifeline of biodiversity and life on this planet. To maintain purity and sanctity of groundwater is the moral responsibility of every individual,” he said. He said any individual who know such defaulters must inform the Board at mobile no 98789-50593 or email at email@example.com so that Board is able to take strict action.
- Protest for shifting B‚Äôpur liquor shop held 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Police arrest three cyber criminals 18 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Hercule Poirot: Popular fictional detective play 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- City enjoys several classical forms of arts 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- New collection of fitness books launched at SVL 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Road clearing steps initiated: Overhead cables, electricity lines to be removed 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Sanskrit play staged by MP School of Drama 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Downpour breaks heat spell in capital 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM: Agri mandis in State integrated 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi