- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Punjab Cabinet sub-panel seeks report
The Punjab Cabinet sub-committee, set up for properly managing land of Local Government and Panchayati Raj Institutions and selling them or transferring to gather funds for the government or related units, on Monday sought a detailed report after identifying the departments whose assets have been illegally encroached upon.
The report was sought during the meeting of the cabinet sub-panel, headed by the state Local Government Minister Navjot Singh Sidhu with Finance Minister Manpreet Badal and Rural Development and Panchayat Minister Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa as its members.
“The data pertaining to all the government departments whose lands are under illegal occupation must be collected. The consolidated report of such lands of all the departments be prepared and submitted in the next meeting,” said Sidhu.
He also directed the officers present to ensure that the details of every government department should be included in the data and no department should be left out. Besides, the report of Justice Kuldeep Singh Commission regarding the illegal encroachments must also be presented before the committee, he stated.
“Before formulating any policy, it is necessary to ascertain that how much of the government land is under illegal occupation irrespective of the department,” said Sidhu while directing that the report should be prepared within 15 days while fixing May 3 for the next meeting.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar